Many further NCL cancellations

ziggyuk

1 hour ago, DanCait said:

The expected first sailing, Jade July 25, is no longer sold on NCL.com.... lets hope its sold out or a technical glitch... anyone hear otherwise?

1.  it's the weekend and 2. it's still on the cdn site.  

Good  luck, hope it's just a glitch. 

On 4/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, julig22 said:

??????  What exactly do you expect a pcc to do?  They aren't the ones making decisions on itineraries, cancellations, etc.  Best they can do is make sure your discounts, credits and so on get applied correctly - and I've got that part covered, no need to "hassle" anyone.

I have been doing a little research on Singapore to Sydney Itinerary and below you will see what Australian Government is saying, my guess is Australian government will update travel restrictions before the June 17, 2021 date and we will know if Spirit trip is cancelled.

I think NCL will make a decision in June on Sydney to Singapore trip as Australian government has shut it's borders until June 17th as of March 2021 update.  I feel Australia will update their Covid Protocols for foreigners by end of May wether they will continue to exclude tourists or not.  Below I have copy and pasted from this site: 

https://www.skyscanner.com.au/news/when-can-i-travel

Department of Health Secretary Dr. Brendan Murphy states that Australia’s borders might be closed to most international destinations for most of 2021, depending on the status of Australia’s nationwide vaccination program. Dr. Murphy told ABC, “I think that we’ll go most of this year with still substantial border restrictions… Even if we have a lot of the population vaccinated, we don’t know whether that will prevent transmission of the virus.”

Here is another site regarding June 17th date:

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-international-travellers

Since 27 March 2020, no foreign-flagged cruise ships may enter Australian waters (with limited exceptions). The cruise ship ban has been extended to 17 June 2021, but this does not mean the ban will be lifted at that time. The Australian Health Principal Protection Committee reviews the ban regularly.

On 4/29/2021 at 6:14 AM, casofilia said:

Does anyone know when the Spirit was due to start cruising in Europe, please?   I feel it was supposed to be before September 30.

During October they are due to be there and then they are due to leave Athens on the 7th November to go to Australia and New Zealand via 4 ports in INDIA!!!

We're booked on the Spirit for Athens-Dubai-Singapore-Sydney but have been assuming for many months now that they'll be cancelled.  Probably in the next batch of cancellations. It's a challenging cruise logistically at the best of times.  We were on most of this route in late 2019, lots more paperwork and visas than normal cruises.

So quite likely the Spirit won't make it to Aus/NZ for the 2021/22 summer season at all (even if the local governments allow cruising, which they're not in any hurry to do).