Viking | Sky | July 10, 2021 | Iceland | Welcome Back!

Clay Clayton

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MarkBearSF said:

Hi guys!  We're on the July 13 Bermuda cruise on the Orion. Quick question by a Viking first timer - is there a regular LGBT/FoD get together on Viking Ocean?

No there is not. It’s more like the old days pre Grindr/Growlr/Scruff. 😂 You see a two guys together and wonder, notice them a day later still without any wives, and sooner or later you end up saying hello. 

Having only 930 folks aboard makes it easier to spot other homos but also reduces the pool so to speak. We have usually met one or two other couples onboard and wondered about another two or three. Sometimes this has resulted in having dinner together other times it has just been a nodding acquaintance for the rest of the cruise.  

We have found Viking crew and guest both very welcoming and accepting.  Hope you have a great cruise-wish you were coming to Iceland!  Maybe another cruise in the future. If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask!

• Like 1

On my last viking cruise — pre-covid — there was a meetup advertised, but no one showed up.   I dont remember if viking took the initiative, or someone asked viking to announce the meetup.  Either way, people find each other, as previously noted.  Have fun on your cruise.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Romocruiser said:

On my last viking cruise — pre-covid — there was a meetup advertised, but no one showed up.   I dont remember if viking took the initiative, or someone asked viking to announce the meetup.  Either way, people find each other, as previously noted.  Have fun on your cruise.  

ohh I hope Viking is doing alright. It used to be one of my favourite cruises back in the day. Wish everyone to have fun on their cruises.

6 hours ago, Romocruiser said:

Thanks! We hope to. If nothing else it will be an experience to see how much has changed since the before times.

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

ohh I hope Viking is doing alright. It used to be one of my favourite cruises back in the day. Wish everyone to have fun on their cruises.

Same here. 🤞that the Covid protocols don’t make interfere too much.  Thanks for the good wishes!