CCL Stock Today

elcuchio24

16 hours ago, DrSea said:

What about the economy? I think that may impact stock prices. Many think that we are in a recession or that it is coming. If we hit a recession, then all stocks will plummet some more. 

I was going to give a like, but that might be interpreted as a I like the idea of a recession coming when it was meant as a more of an agreement with your post. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

A shuttle ship that isn't American flagged would be illegal.

No, it would not be a PVSA violation, but it would need to have a crew with a more expensive type of work visa. And the cruise lines have not found that to be a good alternative.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

No, it would not be a PVSA violation, but it would need to have a crew with a more expensive type of work visa. And the cruise lines have not found that to be a good alternative.

Yes, it would. It amounts to a ferry transporting passengers from one US city to another without a stop in a distant foreign port. They could run from Tijuana.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Yes, it would. It amounts to a ferry transporting passengers from one US city to another without a stop in a distant foreign port. They could run from Tijuana.

Actually, you are right; I was thinking of a cruise to nowhere.  This is one of the things that the PVSA protects American commerce such as the Alaska ferries.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2022 at 10:20 PM, tidecat said:

I wonder how many charters we'll see related to the 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles - it's not like the area doesn't have hotel rooms, although LA is only the sixth largest market by number of hotel rooms at around 99,000. London reportedly had overseas visitors account for 3.86 Million nights during the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics. I suspect Carnival might just want to keep a ship or two tied up at Long Beach and/or San Pedro for the duration of the event

Similar to the topic.

American Outlaws (US Soccer Supporter group) has chartered a MCS ship for the group stage of the Qatar World Cup. This way they didn't have to spread everyone out at multiple hotels and contract rates with them all. Just go to your one big hotel docked at the port. It probably helps with the public drinking laws as well.

• Like 1