Emerald Princess Caribe deck # 636

We are taking a TA in 10/2022 and was wondering if anyone has info on this cabin? Is the balcony larger than normal? I understand it is half covered/half uncovered. Is that correct? Will we even use our balcony on a TA? Thanks for any help!

7 hours ago, mikeanddiane4849 said:

We are taking a TA in 10/2022 and was wondering if anyone has info on this cabin? Is the balcony larger than normal? I understand it is half covered/half uncovered. Is that correct? Will we even use our balcony on a TA? Thanks for any help!

@mikeanddiane4849

Howdy emo22.gif

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Princess Cruises forum. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Emerald Princess frequent this forum and provide feedback here. 

We also have our Transatlantic, Transpacific, Repositioning & Trans-Ocean Cruises forum you might enjoy. Browse through the thread titles there looking for threads of interest. You will probably find  your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

I hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard the Cruise Critic message board! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

This cabin is a "typical" Caribe Deck balcony for this class of ship. To answer your question: YES! The balcony is larger than most. It's not any wider but is deeper and is half-covered. We LOVE the Caribe Deck balconies on Emerald Princess. Whenever we cruise on a Grand Class ship (Emerald is similar to the Grand Class but has an extra passenger deck and a great venue called Adagio. It is sometimes referred to as a Crown Class ship since it is a sister ship to Crown Princess which has the same features.) We always book the Caribe Deck balconies on these ships. We sailed 28 days on Emerald Princess in a Caribe Deck balcony and loved the cruise.

Edited by Thrak

8 hours ago, mikeanddiane4849 said:

Yes the balcony will be 9' x 9' instead of 9' x 5'.  The balconies at the sides of Grand Class ships tend to be tiered to some extent and the "C" deck balconies protrude but half if covered, useful if it rains.  Have you selected "NO UPGRADES" as sometimes people get upgraded to a higher grade cabin on a different deck with a smaller balcony.

Regards John

As mentioned in post 4, ask your T.A. or Princess if you booked direct to have your booking marked "no upgrade." C636 is a category BD cabin. Princess could upgrade you to higher categories, BA, BB, BC with smaller 9ft. x 5ft. balconies, which by the way are a comfortable size. All balcony cabins have the same interiors. I have stayed close to the cabin you mention. Nice cabin, nice location.

It is difficult to determine if you will use your balcony. Depends on how much you like to sit out. My experience on Atlantic crossings is that it is not tropical. It is mid fall. Lots of indoor activity on the 6 sea days. The last few days should be warmer. 

We love the caribe balconies on this class of ship because they are a bit bigger and partially covered.  We used our balcony every day on our Transatlantic in October of ‘08 and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had great weather!