Welcome Back Cruises 2021 - Malta & Adriatic Cruises and General Discussion

JM0115

1 hour ago, lillypond said:

Have been following all the postings. Thank you for info. As our cruise nears 8/23,   Our excitement to travel is now being dampened by anxiety. Viking now saying covid test within 72 hour of departure which is 8/22 4:10 pm Denver. I checked with Live Chat and was informed to do test anytime after 12:10 pm on 8/20 since the  departure time will be in Munich, Germany. 
I was also informed that even though Croatia has opened it’s ports, Viking is still not allowing individual tours.

Regarding travel insurance, we have Allianz and quarantine lodging will be coveted under trip interruptions. 
Goodluck to those embarking 8/13. 

Doesn't Viking say 72 hours before arrival, to Malta. Are you saying you are arriving in Munich & then proceeding to Malta? We are going through Vienna & then Malta.

Just now, gma1 said:

Doesn't Viking say 72 hours before arrival, to Malta. Are you saying you are arriving in Munich & then proceeding to Malta? We are going through Vienna & then Malta.

How do you find live chat on Viking?

7 minutes ago, gma1 said:

72 hrs prior to departure of originating flight to Malta

1 hour ago, LindaS272 said:

it is confusing, that is for sure!

we depart tomorrow for our Aug 13 cruise. Took a PCR test yesterday, got results today.  Took rapid antigen test today, got results today.  I think we are ready!

• Like 3

Email from Viking received  8/9 showed “ within 72 hours prior to departure” and this is also in MVJ. Per “Live Chat” our departure airport is the airport before Malta. In our case, we will depart Munich at 1210 pm. More confused. So, have to change times of scheduled covid test.

12 minutes ago, lillypond said:

Email from Viking received  8/9 showed “ within 72 hours prior to departure” and this is also in MVJ. Per “Live Chat” our departure airport is the airport before Malta. In our case, we will depart Munich at 1210 pm. More confused. So, have to change times of scheduled covid test.

I’m surprised by Viking’s conflicting information. If Malta were requiring a PCR test for entry (which they are not right now), I presume they would go back to their original instructions from July, which is within 72 hours before arrival in Malta. And this is what the document I linked above says—it’s the most recent document on the Viking website. Viking is urging us to get a PCR test in case requirements change—so why are they saying PCR test within 72 hours of a departure airport in Europe???

Edited by LindaS272

3 hours ago, gma1 said:

How do you find live chat on Viking?

Go to MVJ, option for “Live Chat” is in red box lower right of your screen. For latest notification from Viking, go to “ Before you go” box where the latest info on covid testing is noted

1 minute ago, lillypond said:

Go to MVJ, option for “Live Chat” is in red box lower right of your screen. For latest notification from Viking, go to “ Before you go” box where the latest info on covid testing is noted

Sometimes you can do a live chat from the website too. It doesn’t always show up in either place—depends on their hours—so keep checking.

7 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

I’m surprised by Viking’s conflicting information. If Malta were requiring a PCR test for entry (which they are not right now), I presume they would go back to their original instructions from July, which is within 72 hours before arrival in Malta. And this is what the document I linked above says—it’s the most recent document on the Viking website. Viking is urging us to get a PCR test in case requirements change—so why are they saying PCR test within 72 hours of a departure airport in Europe???

The notice from Viking was posted by Florida Flounder on 8/9, posting # 937. I received the same email.

5 minutes ago, lillypond said:

The notice from Viking was posted by Florida Flounder on 8/9, posting # 937. I received the same email.

I received the email too. And it says to also refer to the documentation that I linked to from the website—the guidance is in conflict.

9 hours ago, lillypond said:

The information is very contradictory as one states to get the PCR within 72 hours of departure and the other states the PCR must be within 72 hours of arrival. 🥱

I made an appointment at CVS for Tuesday at 4:30pm and my flight is Thursday at 4pm. Hopefully I chose an appropriate time and I get my results before my flight. 🙏🏻

10 hours ago, lillypond said:

So the departing airport I took to mean your original departing airport in USA ( Dulles Washington, since I am in USA) not your connection stop-over airport (Vienna for us). then Air Malta to Malta. 

About to leave for TPA, the 1st flight of 3.  Hope to be in Malta by this time tomorrow!  Still have fingers crossed that we have all the necessary paperwork & aps.  I'll update from the Venus.   Let me know if you have any questions/requests!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, barney61 said:

Is the Malta dPLF form printed out sufficient to gain entry to Malta or do you also need the printed and signed version of the PLF and separate Health Declaration?

We did both...just covering all bases. Do printed & on line......they are different I believe.

2 minutes ago, ammthm said:

About to leave for TPA, the 1st flight of 3.  Hope to be in Malta by this time tomorrow!  Still have fingers crossed that we have all the necessary paperwork & aps.  I'll update from the Venus.   Let me know if you have any questions/requests!

Will you update from this or the Venus roll call?  Good flight!!

Just now, gma1 said:

Will you update from this or the Venus roll call?  Good flight!!

Here, since the Venus roll call for 8/13 says Adriatic when in fact we are doing Greece first 🤷‍♀️.   Not much on that board.

Thank you!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ammthm said:

WooHoo!! Good Luck - Have fun!!!🥳

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, philw1776 said:

When, how and where does one get this Malta form folks are mentioning? 9 September sail.

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-210729-RestartPreCruiseRequirement-Malta-US-UK.pdf

malta airport declaration forms (in blue)

Edited by FLORIDA FLOUNDER
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, philw1776 said:

When, how and where does one get this Malta form folks are mentioning? 9 September sail.

Follow 'Flounder' link above but also helpful to scan other Viking Malta topics from the beginning.  Lots of tips, videos and useful info from the trips before yours.  Requirements have changed and may again, if you are not on the Viking Lufthansa charter then your transit country, Germany, Austria, etc may have requirements too. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Well, made it onto plane in Tampa without showing anything but ID (at security).  Guy at checkin kiosk just said "did you do all this stuff" as we stood with stack of (useless) paper.  Said yes & we were good to go🤦.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, philw1776 said:

I see that you have been on here much longer and have many more posts than I do but one other thing to be aware of is concerning vouchers if you, like many of us, are applying vouchers towards your sailing.  If you have a voucher balance remaining you MUST use it before you sail. Once the ship sails ( or maybe the minute you board?) the vouchers are invalid; they do not go towards future cruises or shipboard credits on your current cruise. I was unaware of this until another passenger sounded the alarm. You can apply the vouchers against: gratuities, Silver Spirit drinks package, excursions, cabin upgrade, but not spa.  <- (as I understand the rule).  

Edited by Tiki-Is-Texas
for clarity