Will you cruise?

lv2cruisgrl

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

The only target that you apparently hit with any accuracy is the pool.🙄

You must admit the nom de plume is clever and probably accurate.  I guess that Ionlycareaboutme was already taken.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

My thinking at the moment is that I'd really prefer not to sail on any ship that doesn't require proof of vaccination, but, see how things go once it all restarts. 

Yep, we are not cruising in the near future unless vaccination are a requirement. But out of Florida is a non-starter for us, as Caribbean or any beachy related type cruises are not our preferred itinerary anyway. We like European cruises and ones that take us to interesting places to visit. Our next 2 cruises, which are not until 2022 are Antarctica and then Greenland. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pavementends said:

Well, no.

The vaccine works pretty well, call it very well. >90% effective. And almost all who DO get infected have minor symptoms. But not all. Some really very small number get very sick and a very few die.

So there is a pretty small risk to you (well, to me, I'm not sure I care about you) of becoming infected if there are non-vaccinated people around you. It DOES matter.

Read the news. Well, reliable news. The expectation is that if we are fortunate the disease will be less and less common and will have less and less effect on the way we live. It has been noted that there is only a single contagious disease that has ever been totally conquered. Smallpox. Many other formerly terrifying diseases- say bubonic plague and polio- are still around.

No... it's well yes....  Everything I said was true and you supported it.  I didn't say you wouldn't get sick but the odds are very low.  And it's 95% effective.....  So, we either live like it works or we don't........  I choose to live like it works...

• Like 3

It is a wait and see situation.  Our first cruise isn't until October, so for now we are just going to wait it out.  We have been vaccinated but right now don't feel comfortable being on a ship of unvaccinated people.  We have avoided large crowds for over a year so if we have to wait until next year oh well. 

We don't want for another cruiser on the ship to get sick and then they have to abort the cruise or quarantine us all in our rooms! I guess we will decide once final payment is due.  Hopefully they get this all resolved soon!

Keep Smiling & Sailing!

20 hours ago, drowelf said:

Our next 2 cruises, which are not until 2022 are Antarctica and then Greenland. 

We never went out of FL - did a "drive-by" Antarctica in '17. One of the most amazing journeys we've ever taken. I know it's not like a trip that does zodiacs, landings, etc. but it worked for us since we had never been to South America. Loved Buenos Aires. Plus we had fantastic weather crossing the Drake both times. Water was smooth as glass. I had been pushing off the idea of going down there for many years for fear of how bad the sea conditions could get - so then wound up being evacuated on the Viking Sky during the well-known episode of March '19. !! Just never know I suppose. 

Edited by OnTheJourney