What happen Princess?? July 2021& August 2021?

cruzcactus

I do not know where you see all those other cruise lines sailing out of U.S. ports yet.  The CDC has not yet given approval for any U.S. port cruises.  There is a big difference between what a cruise line puts on their website and what actually becomes a real cruise.

It is already the end of May--the cruise lines need time to make bookings, assemble crew and organize port calls.  

Plan for the Fall or later.

28 minutes ago, cruzcactus said:

Why did Princess cancel cruises out of US ports, when I see Royal Caribbean & Celebrity & Carnival sailing out of Florida and NY and other US ports? Just does not make sense!!!! So sad!

No ships are sailing from Florida, let alone New York at the moment, several lines have said they will be sailing from alternative Bahamas and Caribbean ports but that is it. Plans on sailing from Florida are just that plans, nothing set in stone yet. 

Yes it is SAD, that Royal Caribbean is still taking reservations, knowing they will cancel. And on their website they say no-refund. So last minute they will cancel and they got you money. 

Oh well, I  looking forward to sailing in the Spring of 2022 with my  Favorite Princess.

Unfortunately, none of the cruise lines have been open with their passengers, so we can only guess at their reasoning.

Carnival is bringing their newest built, the Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral early in June.

It is my guess that the lines realize that with the CDC being not giving clear guidelines in respect to how and when cruising may restart, the lines are hedging their bets.  Specifically trying to get a few ships ready if the CDC given permission for a July startup.  

This will include Carnival which is planning on a few ships to get permission to start.

Carnival Corporation decided that it would not make sense to make the effort to get Princess ships ready unless there is clear guidance from the CDC.

Probably Princess may get going after Labor Day, or early Fall.