Virtuosa maiden voyage

Stu UK

Thank you so much for this really detailed and thorough review of the sailing. It’s really appreciated! 

MSC newbie here (have cruised with NCL and Carnival and wondering what extras you get for upgrading to premium plus. Am I correct in thinking:

* Any drink (by the glass) of the menu

* Room service food included? (We have 24

hour room service with Fantasica, but unsure if this includes the cost of said items (carnival for example includes certain items under a specific $) 
* Mini bar

Is there anything else I’m missing, before trying to persuade OH to upgrade?

4 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Room service menu. This is all free if you have Premium Plus package as is the mini bar. It’s not with the included premium package. One tip if you are a G&T drinker get cans of tonic from a bar as housekeeping are struggling to provide them. 

QR_AA_ROOM-SERVICE_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1621723809.pdf 1.09 MB · 40 downloads

So helpful sharing the PDFs, can hardly read the photos on other sites! Greatly appreciated. Are there any others that you've not already uploaded? Is there one for Hola? Many thanks. 

2 hours ago, debgreg said:

This is the same with the Admiral policy we bought, but it was only £25 for the two of us and I have High blood pressure 

I have Admiral too and have printed off the documents to try and highlight the relevant bits for ease at the port - but it’s not clear (to me!) which bit actually says that Covid is covered if contracted on the cruise - do you know?

I have platinum annual with cruise cover and have been assured on the phone that it’s covered but getting anxious about how to prove it?!

16 minutes ago, jmadds said:

So helpful sharing the PDFs, can hardly read the photos on other sites! Greatly appreciated. Are there any others that you've not already uploaded? Is there one for Hola? Many thanks. 

Stu has already provided the menu for Hola on page 7 of this thread.

Edited by CaroleC

2 hours ago, ahbev said:

Thank you so much for this really detailed and thorough review of the sailing. It’s really appreciated! 

MSC newbie here (have cruised with NCL and Carnival and wondering what extras you get for upgrading to premium plus. Am I correct in thinking:

* Any drink (by the glass) of the menu

* Room service food included? (We have 24

hour room service with Fantasica, but unsure if this includes the cost of said items (carnival for example includes certain items under a specific $) 
* Mini bar

Is there anything else I’m missing, before trying to persuade OH to upgrade?

That’s the lot. Well worth it. 

1 hour ago, Lindypops said:

Sorry if this has been asked already ,

i have read the thread and couldnt find it

what are the rules on mask wearing and are they enforced?

thanks

Wear everywhere unless you are seated eating or drinking. That includes outside. 

20 hours ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Thank you. I'm surprised that nothing on the main menus or any of the dining places is marked to be gluten free, which I'm guessing must mean there are specific menus floating about. Guess we'll find out when we board on the 28th!

Great news. In the MDR they do have allergy menus. 

2524DF9D-A51E-4D51-A7C8-F75E7AFBAC5D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

I am seeing people mask wearing everywhere when walking, even outside. 

I dont know the rules for outside so just commenting on what I can see. 

Surely not when running 🏃‍♀️ round the jogging track??

3 hours ago, Malibustacey79 said:

I have Admiral too and have printed off the documents to try and highlight the relevant bits for ease at the port - but it’s not clear (to me!) which bit actually says that Covid is covered if contracted on the cruise - do you know?

I have platinum annual with cruise cover and have been assured on the phone that it’s covered but getting anxious about how to prove it?!

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Surely not when running 🏃‍♀️ round the jogging track??

The rule is you should. The world is watching MSC so CEO onboard is nervous about being too laid back. Guests are being respectful even if ruled ashore are different. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, swimming with spaniels said:

Amazon has just delivered me a package with some sparkly masks for evening wear... 🤣

There is one guy with a led flashing mask with scrolling messages. 👏

• Haha 2

Just now, NightWoman said:

Like most insurance policies there is about 50 pages.

We have a Staysure comprehensive policy and I've printed of the validation certificate, MSC staycation cruise endorsement, table of benefits covering cancellation, cutting short your trip, emergency medical repatriation expenses and COVID cover and the table of content relating to the above. 

Hope this helps you 😊

Hi Stu UK

Thank for all the info. Glad to see some curry.

I devastated that I could not see the Fizz la Poire on any of the drinks menus. Specially upgraded to Premium plus to have a few of this in the Sky lounge/bar. We had some on the Grandiosa last January and they were so delicious.

Not telling hubby. I will just have to make up by having lots of champagne. Same trip last year we could only have the one Veuve on the Premium plus. It was the Demi-sec. Not bad but I prefer the yellow label.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Counting down to ours and hoping for slightly warmer weather.

Alicat

7 minutes ago, NightWoman said:

Thank you! The trouble is I’ve trawled through all the Admiral stuff and can’t really see a mention of Covid other than on the exclusions (regarding cancellation due to Test & Trace etc). 

Hopefully someone with Admiral will have managed at the port!