Virtuosa maiden voyage

Stu UK

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

She is here. Built, floating and in Southampton. Looking forward to tomorrow. 

Fantastic, can't wait to hear some reports from onboard, keep it coming. 🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shame about the weather 🌧. The 2nd and 3rd cruise cruisers look like they will be luckier with the sunshine.

I’m sure everyone will have a great time whatever.

I’m hoping for a sunny week starting 17 July ☀️🤞

3 hours ago, Stu UK said:

We will add updates. Not due to check in till 3pm. 

Have a great trip 🤩, can't wait for my go.

If you are able it would be great to have excursion information, being as there is still so little on the MSC site I hope they give you further information.

The other thing I would be grateful to know about first hand is the fun pass, does it cost more than the £72 web price and any idea how much (up to date) they are charging onboard for the bowling if you pay-as-you-go instead of use a fun-pass.

2 hours ago, Notts1964 said:

The 2nd and 3rd cruise cruisers look like they will be luckier with the sunshine.

I’m on the second sailing departing on Monday and I’ve been promised a heatwave!! 😎🤣

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger

Message to those currently onboard - please do not drink the UK dry this weekend…. Save some for those of us on next week!

Well we are onboard and she has departed. First impression are great. Boarding was slick. From arrival to cabin in under 40 mins. Process was document check before dropping off luggage. They did careful check on travel insurance and pre-cruise Covid test. NHS email or text was fine. If all in order you then passed over luggage. Next stop was security. Then it was Covid test. Only swabbed nose - phew. Given a batch card with a number. Then to check in where you got cruise card and electronic wrist band. You then went to wait in batch number area (10 mins) before being called to board. Scan on card it gangway and bingo - onboard!

We have premium plus drinks so first stop was bistro for champagne 🥂

Cabin is great. Pics to follow later in cruise. 

B284C0F2-C7C7-4DB4-AC4D-1EFCCC7A6559.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Agathabumble said:

Great info thank you. Can you tell me did you use the free nhs home kit for the pre covid test and just show email from that or do you need a paid test. Thank you and enjoy your cruise. 

Free one is accepted. 

2 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Just to get the taste buds flowing Sky Lounge bar menu. 

QR_Q_MIXOLOGY-AND-BAR-LIST-GENERIC_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1621537031.pdf 2.65 MB · 26 downloads

Brilliant, plenty of choice on the Premium £10 limit, I was panicking after the first couple of pages 😂

How is the ship in these winds? I'm on the South Cast near Southampton and we have gale force winds tonight, certainly testing weather for the sailaway.

Have a great time & thanks for the updates.

• Thanks 1