Virtuosa maiden voyage

Stu UK

6 hours ago, caffeine_demon said:

Nice to see a drinks menu - has anyone seen a starship club price list yet?

There appear to be 2 different menus. One for Robbie and one for the Starship Club. Robbie charges £18 per cocktail whereas Starship has range from £11 -£18.  The 2 alcoholic coffee drinks are £10.  I don’t believe either are included in the PP drinks package 

7 hours ago, sidari said:

70 mph winds in the channel.

I am every surprised that they set sail. Given they lost most of the glasses on Bellissima maiden when they set off due to the waves! 

It’s terrible down in the Channel.  Ship currently sheltering off Le Havre

• Like 1

They just said Simon Calder will be reporting onboard a cruise ship in the channel on Rip Off Britain today so I can only assume he is onboard the Virtuosa. Starts at 9.30 this morning.

Will be interesting, especially with the weather.

Great to see the bar menu thank you.  I hope you will do the same with the dinner menus. Never sailed on MSC before but booked for September.  So interested to see what the food on offer us like.  

13 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Just to get the taste buds flowing Sky Lounge bar menu. 

QR_Q_MIXOLOGY-AND-BAR-LIST-GENERIC_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1621537031.pdf 2.65 MB · 61 downloads

Just out of interest @Stu UK, how did you get the PDF? have they done away with paper menus and gone to downloading menus via QR code like a lot of restaurants?

If they have I will print them and take my own 😂

12 hours ago, the wandering two said:

Hi Stu,

Thanks for posting, not sailing until August but can't wait. Re the Plus drinks add on, are you billed onboard or when you add it to your booking?

We have onboard credit we'd ideally use to pay for some of the difference. 

We bought the upgrade prior to departure as that way you do not pay the onboard service charge. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Brilliant, plenty of choice on the Premium £10 limit, I was panicking after the first couple of pages 😂

How is the ship in these winds? I'm on the South Cast near Southampton and we have gale force winds tonight, certainly testing weather for the sailaway.

Have a great time & thanks for the updates.

She is stable. Cabins creek a fair bit so recommend eating plugs 🙂

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Just out of interest @Stu UK, how did you get the PDF? have they done away with paper menus and gone to downloading menus via QR code like a lot of restaurants?

If they have I will print them and take my own 😂

It’s via QR code in each location. I have seen them give people printed menus if requested. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Fantastic.

UK or EU plugs? sorry, could not resist 😂.

Don't you love autocorrect 😂

Edited by ziggyuk

1 minute ago, caffeine_demon said:

DOn't think I fancy eating a plug!

lol. Ear plugs. That reminds me cabin has  EU and USA sockets plus USBs including a USB each side of the bed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

I am every surprised that they set sail. Given they lost most of the glasses on Bellissima maiden when they set off due to the waves! 

It’s terrible down in the Channel.  Ship currently sheltering off Le Havre

I was shoecked to learn about it as well. I mean there are things that are not under our control ot control of the media 

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

We bought the upgrade prior to departure as that way you do not pay the onboard service charge. 

Our planner shows £13 per day to upgrade,  I'm guessing £15 onboard as that's the difference between the prices on the drink package thread on the main MSC board. 

15 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Up our way 70mph is but a breeze! 🤣

G ... I know we have experienced them ... 😁 I remember going out to a house where the Garage roof had been ripped off, cleared 30 foot Conifer trees and landed in the garden of a house beyond the Trees.

3 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Eating plugs? Or eating slugs? Or ear plugs? It's starting to remind me of a game of telephone, which I believe the British call Chinese Whispers.

3 hours ago, Stu UK said:

A few first day menus from Blue Danube. You are allocated a restaurant and it’s open seating. Breakfast unfortunately ends at 8:30 am, too early for us 🤦🏻

QR_A_MD_BREAKFAST_DAYX_EN_1621539871.pdf 106.77 kB · 31 downloads QR_A_MD_LUNCH_DAY1_EN_1621539712.pdf 119.87 kB · 31 downloads QR_A_MD_DINNER_DAY1_EN_1621539450.pdf 141.11 kB · 33 downloads

Eternal thanks for the menus, not only are they making me hungry, they remind me that cruising is going back to normal. Thank you so much. Have a lovely cruise!

• Like 1