Virtuosa maiden voyage

Stu UK

2 hours ago, sidari said:

G ... I know we have experienced them ... 😁 I remember going out to a house where the Garage roof had been ripped off, cleared 30 foot Conifer trees and landed in the garden of a house beyond the Trees.

I recall in 1968 the deadly hurricane we had in central Scotland. My father had a corrugated steel garage, and we spent much of the night (early hours) tying the roof down with a clothes rope. As an 11 year old, at that time, it was terrifying although the wind speeds were >100mph.

4 hours ago, the wandering two said:

Our planner shows £13 per day to upgrade,  I'm guessing £15 onboard as that's the difference between the prices on the drink package thread on the main MSC board. 

£16 per day onboard. 

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

To be expected really, lots of inexperienced crew and processes which need tweeking. 

You get a leaflet telling you to watch the safety drill in your cabin and acknowledge watching it - except there isnt a way to acknowledge it. They have the tech available on the TV to do it but they dont. 

You are advised you then need to go to your lifeboat station at 5.30pm to scan your card - this ensures you know where to go. 

So, at 5.30pm the ships tannoy tells you to go to your cabin, watch the TV and then dial 881 on your cabin phone to register that youve watched the video. 

Of course, at 5.30pm we were already at our lifeboat station ready to scan our cards, which was a quick in/out process. 

We asked at reception if they would register us as having watched the TV and we told we had to go and dial 881 from the cabin. 

These are the MSC frustrations they need to address. 

Reception did then register us. 

It's funny because on checkin our cabin already had a bowl of fruit waiting for us - with a note apologising for the inconvenience and thanking us for allowing them to address it - lol it seems they now send apologies in anticipation of having to do it later. 

Is the fruit as a voyagers club perk. We had the same guessing wrong card. 

33 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Obviously only a quarter of the buffet stations are open as fewer guests on board. 

Mandatory hand washing and a one way system marked on floor (most but certainly not all followed it) 

All food behind screens and plated - exept hot food which they plate as you order. 

Choose what you would like and its handed over the counter. 

Good seat seperation marked out but families and/or groups of friends ignore it so they all sit together - which can then result in a smaller space to the next guests. 

Normally, I would have 1 large plate and put 1, 2 or sometimes 3 things on it so I can try them all. 

Now I have 4 small plates lol

Food nice. 

I do think they need to be stricter with wearing masks and not moving furniture (or ignoring space signage) 

Thank you for the quick response. Does the ship feel empty with so few pax?

Thanks for the great info, already started planning which cocktails to try first! The only cider I've seen on any menu is Strongbow, do you know if there are any other choices at any of the bars(DH is a cider drinker)?

Can anyone tell us about the shows, timings and how to book etc?

Thanks everyone for all this very useful info!

Can you let us know what (if anything) in the spa and gym is open? Has anyone seen anything about massage packages? Thanks very much! 

Also - huge thanks foe the drinks menus - that’s brilliant for those of us heading onboard soon. Can you clarify how the Premium+ works with champagne by the glass? Does it cover any of those that can be bought by the glass or are there still restrictions?

Thanks a million - hope the wind is kind!!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

They did a THOROUGH check of your insurance documents and were specific it MUST refer to Covid cover - even though I had an endorsement letter, it didnt mention Covid. Thankfully my insurer has a front page banner on their website clearly stating all policies cover Covid so that was OK. 

There were several people who had to go off and call their insurer to get confirmation of Covid cover or to simply buy a new Policy - so make sure you have everything sorted. 

cue me doing an online chat with my insurer to check all is covered, they confirmed it was - I have printed out the chat page just in case

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, the wandering two said:

Thanks for all the info guys, one more question.  If any of you booked as a Voyagers club departure is the $€50 pp on board credit actually £50 given the currency onboard or is it pro rata? 

The 50 is €.     £43.22

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the menus, I'm already dreaming of my cruise in a week time.

1 hour ago, tonybecks said:

Also - huge thanks foe the drinks menus - that’s brilliant for those of us heading onboard soon. Can you clarify how the Premium+ works with champagne by the glass? Does it cover any of those that can be bought by the glass or are there still restrictions?

I second this question: is there any price limitation with premium plus?

Another question: at the terminal is there any preferential queue for Aurea guests?

Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1

As predicted didn't take long for complaints to begin, post on the book of faces from a cruise agency interviewing two of their customers, cold food only pizza in the buffet.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sidari said:

As predicted didn't take long for complaints to begin, post on the book of faces from a cruise agency interviewing two of their customers, cold food only pizza in the buffet.

I'm on various pages and not seen any complaints yet . I was expecting them from the non MSC cruisers . But so far non 

17 minutes ago, Cruisecrazymum said:

I'm on various pages and not seen any complaints yet . I was expecting them from the non MSC cruisers . But so far non 

Cannot post the link because it involves a cruise agency.

3 minutes ago, sidari said:

Cannot post the link because it involves a cruise agency.

You will always get the idiots that like to complain about everything and anything . I've seen both pictures and videos of the buffet and deffinatly more than pizza on it . And I actually seen a post of someone saying the food was piping hot as they weren't expecting it . 

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger
43 minutes ago, sidari said:

Ah big surprise…. All together now…. ‘It’s not like P&O’…….