Finally have a cruised booked and I have a few questions!

TinaLee

Finally have a cruise booked (Alaska in September - YaY) and I have a couple of questions. It has been a while since we cruised, and the last was on Viking, not Princess, and I know things change quickly, so here goes. Can I still exchange my mini bar for the specialty coffee card? Do I need to hunt up the Medallions we got on our last Princess cruise (it was one of the first Medallion cruises on Royal Princess) or do they give you a new one on check-in? Any other changes to Elite status I need to know about? 

141 days and counting...  THANKS!

Yes the minibar can be changed for any 1 of these:

24 waters

Like items

1 bottle wine

2 coffee programs

You get a new medallion with each cruise (and another at PSD if you lose it onboard like I did)

Medallion info:

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

Finally have a cruise booked (Alaska in September - YaY) and I have a couple of questions. It has been a while since we cruised, and the last was on Viking, not Princess, and I know things change quickly, so here goes. Can I still exchange my mini bar for the specialty coffee card? Do I need to hunt up the Medallions we got on our last Princess cruise (it was one of the first Medallion cruises on Royal Princess) or do they give you a new one on check-in? Any other changes to Elite status I need to know about? 

141 days and counting...  THANKS!

Hi TinaLee!  Just booked the Majestic Princess for Sept 5 and 12, '21 B2B.  I am so excited too.  You'd think I'd never cruised before!  We got off of a Princess ship in LA on Feb 11 of '20 and were hearing all about the covid, so we were happy to get off safely.  We haven't really paid much attention until now, so I have questions too.  I assume the Elite benefits are still all the same, at least we haven't heard anything has changed.  I am wondering about the Carnival Stock benefit.  Does anyone know if that is still functioning as it used to?  I guess I'll find out this summer when I try to apply for it.  Looking forward to hearing from others who are cruising Alaska in '21 to see what everyone thinks it will be like for us.  I don't even care.  I'll be happy just being on the beautiful Majestic again!  We were on her inaugural sailing from Ft Lauderdale (after they brought her over).  :) 

We are on the Sept 12 sailing with you 🙂 and I pulled up the stockholder benefit page and it does say it works exactly the same - and that was through 2022, so we should be good to go. We'll be sending ours in around the beginning of August most probably. I'm with you - you'd think we'd never sailed before, never been to Alaska, etc - LOL.  It will be our first flights since all this mania began, so I'm not really looking forward to THAT part of it, but I'll suck it up, mask up, and whatever I have to!  

11 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

We are on the Sept 12 sailing with you 🙂 and I pulled up the stockholder benefit page and it does say it works exactly the same - and that was through 2022, so we should be good to go. We'll be sending ours in around the beginning of August most probably. I'm with you - you'd think we'd never sailed before, never been to Alaska, etc - LOL.  It will be our first flights since all this mania began, so I'm not really looking forward to THAT part of it, but I'll suck it up, mask up, and whatever I have to!  

I have already sent mine in for a cruise in March 2023 and it has been already applied to my account.  No need to wait.

12 hours ago, hokiefans said:
12 hours ago, TinaLee said:

I have already sent mine in for a cruise in March 2023 and it has been already applied to my account.  No need to wait.

Yes, you can send an email listing all your cruises, your info, and a screen shot showing an up-to-date stock report. It will be applied within hours.

13 hours ago, RRFan said:

Hi TinaLee!  Just booked the Majestic Princess for Sept 5 and 12, '21 B2B.  I am so excited too.  You'd think I'd never cruised before!  We got off of a Princess ship in LA on Feb 11 of '20 and were hearing all about the covid, so we were happy to get off safely.  We haven't really paid much attention until now, so I have questions too.  I assume the Elite benefits are still all the same, at least we haven't heard anything has changed.  I am wondering about the Carnival Stock benefit.  Does anyone know if that is still functioning as it used to?  I guess I'll find out this summer when I try to apply for it.  Looking forward to hearing from others who are cruising Alaska in '21 to see what everyone thinks it will be like for us.  I don't even care.  I'll be happy just being on the beautiful Majestic again!  We were on her inaugural sailing from Ft Lauderdale (after they brought her over).  🙂 

If you haven't read the Princess statements regarding protocols refer to the below web page. I remember that the CDC limited cruises to 7 days until sometime in the fall. Has this been rescinded? Are b2b's now permitted?

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/?cid=dm_email_promo_internal_destination_otherpromotional_rf1ak006_210521_alaska&eccn=Q2KWK3ZCZIV7VEZI2AEQHCEFSA&rrid=339953118A&mi_u=339953118A&custId=Q2KWK3ZCZIV7VEZI2AEQHCEFSA&mi_ecmp=RF1AK006

On 5/22/2021 at 8:45 AM, skynight said:

If you haven't read the Princess statements regarding protocols refer to the below web page. I remember that the CDC limited cruises to 7 days until sometime in the fall. Has this been rescinded? Are b2b's now permitted?

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/?cid=dm_email_promo_internal_destination_otherpromotional_rf1ak006_210521_alaska&eccn=Q2KWK3ZCZIV7VEZI2AEQHCEFSA&rrid=339953118A&mi_u=339953118A&custId=Q2KWK3ZCZIV7VEZI2AEQHCEFSA&mi_ecmp=RF1AK006

Yes b2b are now permitted as are 7+ days on a cruise. Yippee!

TinaLee on our last cruise 2/1/-2/29/20 we exchanged the minibar set up for coffee, but they were doing it differently.  Instead of cards, the promo was loaded to your cruise card, it was not a medallion cruise. It’s the same original promotion: 15 specialty coffees, unlimited brewed, hot coffee, hot chocolate and hot tea.  Since my husband doesn’t drink any coffee, I had both promotions added to my card, so I got 30 specialty coffees during this 29 day cruise.  If he wanted hot chocolate, he used my cruise card or I ordered it for him.  I’m sure now the coffee promotion(s) will just be added to your medallion(s).  Hope this was helpful, Kathy 

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2021 at 10:18 PM, grandsmack said:

TinaLee on our last cruise 2/1/-2/29/20 we exchanged the minibar set up for coffee, but they were doing it differently.  Instead of cards, the promo was loaded to your cruise card, it was not a medallion cruise. It’s the same original promotion: 15 specialty coffees, unlimited brewed, hot coffee, hot chocolate and hot tea.  Since my husband doesn’t drink any coffee, I had both promotions added to my card, so I got 30 specialty coffees during this 29 day cruise.  If he wanted hot chocolate, he used my cruise card or I ordered it for him.  I’m sure now the coffee promotion(s) will just be added to your medallion(s).  Hope this was helpful, Kathy 

Thanks!  My husband is not a coffee drinker either, but we usually end up getting a soda card for him and that covers his hot cocoa addiction. Especially since we will be in Alaska, I know coffee and hot tea will be in our future!