Blue Light card

Neecy1

Hi all. Does anyone know if you can use a blue light card on an early saver booking. About to book today for next March (4th time lucky). My DH says he's seen something on the net to say you can't use BLC on an early saver? I was going to book online but there's no facility for the card. The booking line is closed today. Thanks 

I think it is the same as for the Defence Discount Card it can only be used with a Select Fare which is probably why nowhere to put the code is showing when go to book online if you have already selected Saver. Now whether they have changed that since Covid I don’t know, best to try and phone them to find out or try a TA. Let us know how you get on.

I've found it in the terms and conditions on the BLC website. We're booking a balcony and we normally book select fare but it's £800 more! Can't justify that. Thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

I booked Early saver as that was all that was available on line. I  had to phone P&O to add my extra Defence Discount OBC to be told that they were offering a 50% discount on the staycation cruises, which I agreed to take and forfeit the OBC.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, devonuk said:

I just phone the BLC number quoted on the site and have then obtained the extra OBC whether saver or select 🤷‍♂️

Well somebody has made an error because it clearly states in T&Cs on Blue Light Card website that to get OBC you have to book a Select Price holiday and are not applicable to Early Saver or Saver fares.

Edited by majortom10

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Well somebody has made an error because it clearly states in T&Cs on Blue Light Card website that to get OBC you have to book a Select Price holiday and are not applicable to Early Saver or Saver fares.

I’m not complaining 😁

Some good offers then on the staycation ones. We had a cunard one booked for 23rd June, I think. Got cancelled. That was the third one for us so we've booked for March next year. Can't face anymore cancellations! 😕

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 8:15 PM, majortom10 said:

The 50% discount is only on the 7 for staycation cruises so perhaps it is the same for the Blue Light Card

1 hour ago, Elaine0138 said:

The 50% discount is only on the 7 for staycation cruises so perhaps it is the same for the Blue Light Card

Nobody is disputing the discounts on Staycation cruises given to BLC members my response was to devonuk about getting OBC for Early Saver & Saver fares on normal cruises and not Staycation cruises. It clearly states in T&Cs on BLC website that to get OBC on normal cruises it has to be a Select fare and not early saver or saver.

• Like 1