Laundry Strategy - 35 Day

grsnovi

1 hour ago, highscar said:

Sorry.  Before being 4 star 4 years ago it was $10.00. Memory image.png.228afb0cd946cec14ff507f4bce20c36.png

With the HAL Navigator APP you can bring up past statements, back to at least April of 2012. On 9/30/2014 I was charged $20 for a bag of laundry on Zuiderdam (Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale), also $20 on 5/2/2012 Maasdam.

Edited by richwmn

We always use the laundry service every cruise.  At first we just did the "by the bag" but we used it so much that it just made sense to do it for the entire cruise.  Turn around is usually 24 hours, however one cruise it sometimes was 36 hours.  We have only had one problem with a damaged item, and I wouldn't really call it a problem, it was a shirt of DH that had gotten a tear during washing and since it was an old shirt it wasn't a big deal to us.  We were notified of the damage and had to go to the front desk to see it.  I think we may have gotten some kind of credit for it, but I honestly don't remember.

You’ve gotten great advice re the laundry.  I’ve bought the unlimited package when I did about five days of land touring before boarding the vessel.  I’ve found that packing for six days and “by the bag” laundry works very well if I’m just cruising.  I’ve usually experienced a 36 hour turn-around on laundry, so want to have at least two days of clean stuff to wear.  (Ten days is REALLY good, but I can’t squeeze that much into my suitcase.)