Choice of riviera vista suite

AC2

4 hours ago, AC2 said:

Which deck would you choose, 8 or 9. Only decks available. Thank you in advance.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

For us IF THAT IS YOUR ONLY CHOICES we would chose deck 9!

deck 12 has waves bar and pool area! We enjoy walking up stairs so for us it is perfect! Now our place where we are always on is deck 11 in 11024. We enjoy the PH1. Will be on her 2/22!

Denise😊

Thank you Denise. We have sailed on the Marina before in 11080 on a TA but never in a Vista Suite, and never on the front always on the back or near the back.

55 minutes ago, AC2 said:

Thank you Denise. We have sailed on the Marina before in 11080 on a TA but never in a Vista Suite, and never on the front always on the back or near the back.

Have you looked through older posts concerning the pros and cons of a Vista? There are some that won't cruise in one, some that put up with the issues, and some that prefer them. The biggest complaint I've seen is due to the wind up front the furniture tends to get tied down and hard to use(if at all). I think due to the speed on a TA it would especially be an issue. I personally have never sailed in one, but have been in one visiting another couple. They are definitely nice, but do have drawbacks. But if you're having visions of enjoying the afternoons on your balcony during a TA you might consider bringing your goggles. 

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

But if you're having visions of enjoying the afternoons on your balcony during a TA you might consider bringing your goggles. 

plus  lots of seasick meds 🤢😄

20 hours ago, LHT28 said:

plus  lots of seasick meds 🤢😄

We are doing Sirena’s TA next March in PH3 8000, apart from the lack of noise issues the hope of rough seas is exactly the reason I chose that suite 😉

• Like 1

Picking deck 9. The wrap around balcony looks great. This will be the first time seeing where we are going and not where we have been. Not too worried about sea sickness, spent 2 years on an aircraft carrier in the pacific and southeast asia seas a few decades ago.

Thanks again for the input and information.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 11:58 AM, ORV said:

Have you looked through older posts concerning the pros and cons of a Vista? There are some that won't cruise in one, some that put up with the issues, and some that prefer them. The biggest complaint I've seen is due to the wind up front the furniture tends to get tied down and hard to use(if at all). I think due to the speed on a TA it would especially be an issue. I personally have never sailed in one, but have been in one visiting another couple. They are definitely nice, but do have drawbacks. But if you're having visions of enjoying the afternoons on your balcony during a TA you might consider bringing your goggles. 

We would rather have an Oceania Suite.   Wind on sea days too much to use balcony. 

1 hour ago, AC2 said:

Not too worried about sea sickness, spent 2 years on an aircraft carrier in the pacific and southeast asia seas a few decades ago.

Good thing you & your partner/spouse  are not worried about  sea sickness

I cannot go forward of the front elevator banks  LOL

Not sure about deck 9  but people have posted about have to keep the curtains closed at night  (Bridge operations)   & furniture being tied down  when underway   so that may be something to check into

4 hours ago, BrocktonCruiser said:

Have booked Vista Suite 12001 for November 2021 Transatlantic Crossing.  Anyone with similar experience ?

I have stayed in 12001 - happy to answer any questions that you have!

I have stayed in O class Vista suites on decks 10 and 12.  For comparison, I have also stayed in Oceania suites on decks 11 and 12.  My favorite suite to date is 12001.  Second favorite is 11080. 

Have 8143 booked next summer.  Assuming that will take the lead 😁

The only deck I would say to avoid for Vista suites is deck 10.  And that is because you will get a surprise bath when the bridge turns on their windshield wipers - with no warning. 

The Vista suites are great.  The only time that I had issues with wind that prevented us from using the balcony, the entire ship had the same problem.  We used the balcony on almost every sea day over multiple cruises.  And you cannot beat the view coming into port.  We probably spent more time on the balcony than in the cabin, if you take out sleeping time. 

You do have to have your curtains closed at night.  And they do tie down the balcony furniture at night also - but you can still use the chairs, they just don't have the thick cushions on them (they are stored over night in your suite).  That didn't bother me at all - but think it is worth mentioning since it is always brought up on cruise critic as a huge drawback.  I would say that if you are the type of person that likes to use the balcony at night, then it should be considered. 

It really is an amazing place to spend a holiday.  Enjoy every second! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AC2 said:

Picking deck 9. The wrap around balcony looks great. This will be the first time seeing where we are going and not where we have been. Not too worried about sea sickness, spent 2 years on an aircraft carrier in the pacific and southeast asia seas a few decades ago.

Thanks again for the input and information.

I think I speak for all on these boards to say a great thanks for your military service.

A wrap around balcony on any ship would be great. Have only been on one in Alaska but greatly enjoyed it.