Alaska Itinerary Change

Brickwood

Just got an email from NCL showing the itinerary change for our NCL cruise in September and I like it.  Figured something would change with Victoria being listed as the last port.  So instead of Seattle, at Sea, Ketchikan, Juneau and cruising Endicott and Dawes, Icy Strait, at Sea and Victoria then back to Seattle, we'll do Seattle, at sea, Juneau, Glacier Bay, Icy Strait, Ketchikan, at Sea, back to Seattle.  They indicated this applies only to cruises beginning 9/4 thru 9/18 and increased port time from 7 to 13 hours so each cruise may be somewhat different.  

2 hours ago, Brickwood said:

Just got an email from NCL showing the itinerary change for our NCL cruise in September and I like it.  Figured something would change with Victoria being listed as the last port.  So instead of Seattle, at Sea, Ketchikan, Juneau and cruising Endicott and Dawes, Icy Strait, at Sea and Victoria then back to Seattle, we'll do Seattle, at sea, Juneau, Glacier Bay, Icy Strait, Ketchikan, at Sea, back to Seattle.  They indicated this applies only to cruises beginning 9/4 thru 9/18 and increased port time from 7 to 13 hours so each cruise may be somewhat different.  

What no Skagway? 

This port has been added on the August 7 Bliss revised Itinerary.  

8 minutes ago, ShakeDaddy said:

What no Skagway? 

Yikes!!  Skagway disappeared from my October booking as well.  It might have something to do with the fact that the trains "technically" cross into Canada.  That's too bad, as that train ride is fantastic.  Fortunately, we already have another Alaska cruise booked in 2023, so we'll get there....eventually.

2 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Yikes!!  Skagway disappeared from my October booking as well.  It might have something to do with the fact that the trains "technically" cross into Canada.  That's too bad, as that train ride is fantastic.  Fortunately, we already have another Alaska cruise booked in 2023, so we'll get there....eventually.

Skagway disappeared from my September 25 itinerary and was replaced by Icy Straight Point. Bummed about that but not changing a thing!

1 hour ago, Wink87 said:

Skagway disappeared from my September 25 itinerary and was replaced by Icy Straight Point. Bummed about that but not changing a thing!

I believe Icy Straight Point is on the original/older day 5 itinerary.

1 hour ago, Brickwood said:

That's wonderful! It is great improvement to the itinerary. Now all NCL has to do is get the CDC to agree.  The Royal Caribbean CEO posted a video this afternoon saying that they have submitted their request to the CDC to resume cruises from US ports next month.

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, ShakeDaddy said:

What no Skagway? 

Don't know but not of concern here.  Was never on this itinerary and I won't miss it, nor will I miss Victoria.  Skagway is fun but if you've been there a couple of times it probably isn't high on the list.  I'm just happy to be able to dip my toes back in to travel and cruising with this.  I live in the Seattle area so  easy peasy