When will MSC start cruising again from the United States?

KyleClark

The silence from MSC on US cruises isn't helping them. Things are changing very quickly. I would jump back to Celebrity in a heartbeat rather than cruise on MSC with pre-vaccine era guidelines if that is their intent. 

The longer they wait to release anything the more likely we are to cancel and eat the $400 deposit. Things are going to continue to change, but the longer we wait to make alternate plans, the more expensive those cruises are going to become. If I see a good price on a Celebrity cruise we like, I'm going to be hard pressed not to grab it.

Edited by paulh84

16 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

The longer they wait to release anything the more likely we are to cancel and eat the $400 deposit. Things are going to continue to change, but the longer we wait to make alternate plans, the more expensive those cruises are going to become. If I see a good price on a Celebrity cruise we like, I'm going to be hard pressed not to grab it.

After seeing the new CDC guidelines I went to the NCL (also vaccination required) site looking at a Sky sailing out of Miami for September.  While I was looking the regular cabin prices jumped over $200 per person and are still there.  I can't justify the cost for the Sky so I too will be looking at Celebrity.  I'm not sure I want to do Alaska in the Fall, so hopefully these lines will announce some new Fall sailings from other US ports.

9 hours ago, Homosassa said:

For those whose automatic reflex is to scream that Florida state won't allow proof of vaccination, I suggest that the actual Executive Order and later state law be googled and read. It will be found that both the EO and law have provisions that would allow businesses to require proof of vaccination status.

I had a tendency to agree, however, see the following:

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/governor-desantis-responds-to-celebrity-cruises-vaccine-requirement-for-fl-cruises

Edited by jscruise

On 5/26/2021 at 9:22 PM, jules815 said:

New CDC guidelines released today. 

For vaccinated passengers, no tests required. (unless you're traveling from outside the US)

I don't want to get into the particulars, because each cruise line may be different. For vaccinated passengers though, it looks like cruising could be mostly back to normal.

Cruising hasn't been normal in the last twenty years.it evolves every year to be more of an expensive boat ride.