Updated Celebrity Cruise with Confidence

HskrCrsr

Celebrity's Cruise with Confidence seems to have changed recently, pushing some dates out a little more. They were advertising May 31 (or April 30, depending on where you looked) as the last day to book a cruise for some aspects of the program. It looks to me like this is now pushed to July 31, 2021. Sadly, the sail-by date for FCC's is still September 30, 2022.

Here is what I see today (https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence😞

Concerned about travel? We've got you covered.

To give you more peace of mind in planning, we introduced Cruise with Confidence. Simply book your vacation by July 31, 2021 and
we’ve got you covered with the assurance you need to plan the unforgettable vacation you’ve been looking forward to.

Cancel up to 48 Hours Before you Sail

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use by April 30, 2022 toward any sailing through September 30, 2022.

For cancelation within any phase of penalty, refunds will be issued as Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the full cruise fare amount.  

In order to receive 100% FCC, your booking must be paid in full.

For cancelation outside of penalty, your refund will be issued to the original form of payment.

Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings: If canceled outside of penalty, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC. If canceled within any phase of penalty, the cruise fare including full deposit (without penalty) will be issued as an FCC.

Bookings made with FCCs from suspended sailings will also benefit from the new Cruise With Confidence policy.

Best Offer Guarantee

If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail.

You may change your offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before sailing.

For bookings within final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded in the form of nonrefundable Onboard Credit. For bookings outside of final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded to the original form of cruise fare payment.

Bookings made after July 31, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.

• Thanks 1

The sail-by-date is the issue for me.  I just booked Sillie's Nov 1 TA to burn $850 in FCC.  Would have loved to apply them to Equinox 2022 holiday cruise, but that was past the deadline.

This is sort of good news for us as we are looking at Sept. 22, 2022 Hawaii from Vancouver but it would appear though we have the 48hr before you sail option, we would have to use the credit by April 30th.  Am I misunderstanding this?  I looked at the smallprint and it does say sailing on or before September 30th.

and here's the actual wording in the T&C's:

The Future Cruise Credit offered under the “Cruise with Confidence” program is available only to bookings for named guests for which cruise fare deposits have been paid. The CWC FCC may only be transferred one time, is non-refundable and may not be redeemed for cash. The CWC FCC’s value may be applied on or before April 30, 2022 only toward the cruise fare due on a new booking or to satisfy the remaining cruise fare balance due for an existing booking, with Celebrity Cruises, for a sailing scheduled to depart on or before September 30, 2022. If not used on or before April 30, 2022, the CWC FCC will automatically expire and have no value. 

If I understand this correctly....if we cancel our Nov. '21 cruise AFTER final payment has been made, we'll receive a FCC which could be applied to the balance of our existing booking for a June '22 cruise as long as we apply it before April 30, '22?  Final payment for the June cruise would be in March '22 so would have to use it then.  Wonder what happens if the June '22 cruise doesn't go due to covid restrictions not being lifted?  A whole new set of FCCs?  Getting 'way ahead of myself but after the past 2 years there's always the possibility of just about anything going haywire....LOL.

Edited by Oceangoer2

2 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

If I understand this correctly....if we cancel our Nov. '21 cruise AFTER final payment has been made, we'll receive a FCC which could be applied to the balance of our existing booking for a June '22 cruise?

Yes as long as you apply it before 4/30/2022.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

What sort of OBC?  If it's OBC from making an onboard booking they will do that look at the cruise with confidence FAQs.  Other OBC like perks or promo, no.

Onboard booking OBC would stay, but perks for cancelled cruise X moved to another ship, and promotions would be lost.  Hopefully none of this comes to pass and FLL embarkation will be allowed in Nov. as well as cruise over 7 nights, and ports will allow vaccinated cruisers.

12 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

Celebrity's Cruise with Confidence seems to have changed recently, pushing some dates out a little more. They were advertising May 31 (or April 30, depending on where you looked) as the last day to book a cruise for some aspects of the program. It looks to me like this is now pushed to July 31, 2021.

So, it’s the booking date that’s important, not your sailing date?

When we booked our Round Britain 🇬🇧 cruise on Silhouette, CelebrityCruises said we needed to be fully vaccinated. Now they are also saying we need a negative PCR test as well( originally this was for un vaccinated minors only).

I am concerned that if the test result doesn’t come back in time, we won’t be able to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence programme.

I have contacted Celebrity and they say “they are working on it!!”

“The information on the website has been updated in error and I have fed this back. We have not yet confirmed the testing requirements for Adults over the age of 18 on our UK sailings.“

Edited by upwarduk

50 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

So, it’s the booking date that’s important, not your sailing date?

When we booked our Round Britain 🇬🇧 cruise on Silhouette, CelebrityCruises said we needed to be fully vaccinated. Now they are also saying we need a negative PCR test as well( originally this was for un vaccinated minors only).

I am concerned that if the test result doesn’t come back in time, we won’t be able to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence programme.

I have contacted Celebrity and they say “they are working on it!!”

“The information on the website has been updated in error and I have fed this back. We have not yet confirmed the testing requirements for Adults over the age of 18 on our UK sailings.“

Strangely, yes. I would think sailing date would make far more sense so it applied equally and easily to all. I am curious what their update error is. We all need a heap of good luck on this.

Sailing date is important as well.   Even though it's available if you book before July 31, 2021 it's only applicable to sailings through May 4, 2022.

From the T&C " who booked a cruise on or before July 31, 2021, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, "

If you are booking a sailing after 5/4/2022 the program does not apply.

As far as the PCR test goes.  You have to invoke the cancellation at least 48 hrs prior to sailing so if the situation is a delayed test result I doubt you could meet that requirement.   I wouldn't be surprised if Celebrity relaxes the testing requirement as they seem to be doing in North America on recently updated advise from the US CDC.   I'm sure they are working with UK health authority regarding testing as well.

• Like 1