Unlike Royal, Celebrity Cruises are not “TEST” Cruises correct?

vicnsue

Help us understand what’s going on here, Celebrity unlike Royal will not be conducting test cruises, is that correct? We are concerned that if the test cruises fail, Royal will be back at square one with the CDC. We have the Explorer of the Seas booked for July and are considering canceling and sailing on the Equinox. Should we be concerned? The Florida governor is another issue!

Edited by vicnsue

3 minutes ago, vicnsue said:

Help us understand what’s going on here, Celebrity unlike Royal will not be conducting test cruises, is that correct? We are concerned that if test cruises fail, Royal will be back at square one with the CDC. We have the Explorer of the Seas booked for July and are considering canceling and sailing on the Equinox. Should we be concerned? 

I would not be concerned.  There are no test cruises as they have strict vaccination requirements.  If you are vaccinated you should be fine.  

I doubt there is a risk of RCL failing them, but the protocol seems like it will be different on board between RCL and Celebrity due to the 95% vaccinated status. In the last update to travel guidance, CDC said the following: 

• For ships with at least 95% of crew and 95% of passengers fully vaccinated, cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that they do not have to wear a mask or maintain physical distance in any areas.

To me, that seems like even if you are vaccinated but on a sailing that is not 95% vaccinated (AKA RCL sailings) then you’ll need to wear a mask while indoors. If this is a dealbreaker to you, then you may want to switch over to a sailing that is 95% vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

The return of the Equinox has not been announced yet...only the Edge. That could change next week but as of right now if you are looking for a July sailing out of FL I would stick with the Edge.

Equinox is tentatively scheduled for July 18. Hopefully they have more details ready to release on Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

To me, that seems like even if you are vaccinated but on a sailing that is not 95% vaccinated (AKA RCL sailings) then you’ll need to wear a mask while indoors. If this is a dealbreaker to you, then you may want to switch over to a sailing that is 95% vaccinated. 

Thank you, that is a dealbreaker! I assumed as much, just needed the confirmation. 

Royal is geared more to families with younr children (who as of right now, aren't allowed to be vaccinated, but will be shortly).  As such, I believe (my opinion only) the only reason Royal is doing test cruises is to allow unvaccinated children on board.  Still kind of a hassle given any unvaccinated passengers would still be required to wear a mask.

Celebrity, on the other hand, is geared more towards adults.  And, adults have the vaccination(s) available to them.  Therefore, they will have passengers who are 95% vaccinated sailing and few children (the other 5%).  Therefore, no test cruises required.

Again, that's an opinion.

• Like 2