Opinions about possibility of a cruise going August this year?

wcflats

Wanting to book a cruise August 28 this year on ruby princess for five day Cabo from San Pedro.  What do you all think about the possibility of it actually going?  Aware that no one really knows but what is the best guess?  Short easy toes in the water sort of thing but easy for us to get to, no air,  no hotel. Itching to go as is everyone else.  

I think your odds are 50/50?  Our first cruise is in early November, LA to Hawaii, I think we are 80% to go?  But as you stated, no one knows at this point when West Coast cruises will start (other than Alaska)???

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I think your odds are 50/50?  Our first cruise is in early November, LA to Hawaii, I think we are 80% to go?  But as you stated, no one knows at this point when West Coast cruises will start (other than Alaska)???

We have LA to Hawaii on November 5. My concern is Hawaii allowing us to port.  We would go any way even if we couldn’t get off the ship.  We would still enjoy that Blue Hawaii water .  
But not sure Princess would sail if not allowed to port🤔 

57 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

We have LA to Hawaii on November 5. My concern is Hawaii allowing us to port.  We would go any way even if we couldn’t get off the ship.  We would still enjoy that Blue Hawaii water .  
But not sure Princess would sail if not allowed to port🤔 

We are on the same cruise.  Hawaii is currently re-vamping their rules to allow vaccinated visitors from the mainland without any additional testing.  So, I'm fairly confident our cruise will go without any hiccups.

13 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are on the same cruise.  Hawaii is currently re-vamping their rules to allow vaccinated visitors from the mainland without any additional testing.  So, I'm fairly confident our cruise will go without any hiccups.

Please elaborate - do you mean no pre-screening for Covid ? A friend currently in Hawaii said they have just dropped the need for a mask outdoors. But as far as I can tell they still require a negative Covid-19 test.

Edited by Tedferg

25 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Yes, they will be dropping the covid pre-screening testing for vaccinated mainland visitors in the very near future.

.We travel on June 8 so probably not soon enough for us 😞

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

That’s great news.  Thanks for that up to date news.

• Like 1

It's 50/50. My friend is a crew member onboard Princess and he said his friends have already been called back for Texas/Florida sailings, but nothing for California sailings yet. So I expect California sailings to start later than the other ports. 

With that being said, I do have an Aug 7th Mexican Riviera cruise booked onboard the Panorama, and Carnival keeps pushing out the final payment due date. I doubt it will sail though lol

Getting the staff hired, vaccinated, brought to the ship and trained is going to be the biggest obstacle to restarting all the cruises they have scheduled on schedule.  Most all of the ships still have skeleton crews.  When you just add the # of staff required for each ship in is not a simple task.

22 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Please elaborate - do you mean no pre-screening for Covid ? A friend currently in Hawaii said they have just dropped the need for a mask outdoors. But as far as I can tell they still require a negative Covid-19 test.

Here is the latest on Hawaii's Safe Travels Program and they are looking at Vaccination Passports and possibly not requiring Covid testing starting in July.....

https://beatofhawaii.com/guide-to-vaccination-passports-for-hawaii-travel/

• Like 1