CDC decision on HAL to Alaksa?

tampacruiser

Now that HAL and the others are taking bookings for July to AK and the president has signed the act avoiding the Canada stop is there any word on when the CDC is going to give their blessings on cruises out of Seattle.    As of what I read today online, only Silversea cruises has been given the all clear so far.  I had to make my final payment on my 7/30 sailing yesterday and in the back of my mind I still have concerns!

You've read my mind.  With the announcement about Silversea, I don't get the holdup with HAL.

No snark please, I'm just curious if anything was mentioned on the LIVE Q/A, I haven't had the time to see them.  

My guess it is pretty close.  AOS_USA has listed Chaplaincies for the Nieuw Amsterdam in Alaska and Caribbean and the Eurodam for Greece , Europe and the Caribbean.   I am scheduled as a passenger on the Nieuw Statendam in late November, so I hope that one is a go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rhblake said:

My guess at the moment is the the cruise lines have not yet provided their port agreements to the CDC for approval.

I haven't looked at the other cruiseline boards but I think this is the "Best Guess" that I have read and it makes total sense.

Maybe it is the "alternate port agreements" too that they are waiting to finalize.

Still,   this looks like the best explanation so far (that I have seen) for the delay in mediation.

Just good deductive reasoning!

I read this on the CDC site.  Scroll down to see HAL. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

I did watch the live streaming vid with President of HAL and basically he said that they will resume sailing in Greece and AK.  There is probably (guessing) a lot that has to be done yet.  We are sailing in Sept to AK and this is the first cruise we booked since outbreak.  We used some of our FCC, and did not do what many people did; book/cancel/book/cancel.  

There is a lot of information here also:  https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/instructions-local-agreements.html

and this one was put out a month ago, but address Phases 2B and 3.  

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0505-conditional-sailing-order.html

Edited by AKJonesy