Southampton Travel Requiremants as at 4th June

scorpio123456

It was recently reported the G7 next week will include a discussion between WH and Bojo on reopening US-UK travel.  (meaning, no 10 quarantine for the vaxed.)  I'm on Sillie's TA November 1st, so I hope they get it together. 

Edited by marieps

The notification posted today is aimed at the  U.K. sailings this summer, for U.K. residents. I don’t think Celebrity are looking any further forward with regards to later sailings judging by the information- NHS app!

Edited by downsmead

16 hours ago, scorpio123456 said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/uk-travel-requirements

can anyone who has info on detail(3rdJuly?) please share

On the 3rd July sailing and haven't heard a peep from Celebrity since the invoice.

Documents aren't available online and checkin isn't available.

34 minutes ago, American_in_York said:

Sorry I'm a bit confused by this update. Does this mean Celebrity will also pay for my 15 year olds PCR test as well or just for those vaccinated passengers? 

I really think you ought to contact CelebrityCruises or your TA, as you will only get speculation here. But I read it as Celebrity will pay for PCR tests.

3 hours ago, Nick&Simon said:

On the 3rd July sailing and haven't heard a peep from Celebrity since the invoice.

Documents aren't available online and checkin isn't available.

I found my documents available for 3rd July online yesterday - but check-in still unavailable. Keep checking back, we all know what their IT system is like!!

One potential issue that Celebrity are still not able to answer is, what happen if the PCR test result is inconclusive? All reputable PCR test companies in UK such as Boots, state that 1 in 100 tests can be an inconclusive result. If a test is positive, then reputable travel insurers will reimburse for curtailment of the holiday, however, if it is inconclusive, they will not, therefore the traveller will lose both their holiday and money. As test results take up to 48 hours to come through for PCR holiday travel, then there will not be enough time to retake a test even if the traveller has the first test at the maximum 72 hours before departure. Unless Celebrity is going to arrange PCR testing facility at Southampton with immediate results?

I have spent a lot of time researching the inconclusive PCR test issue as no UK travel insurers or major holiday company will cover this eventuality.

My MP has written to the government minister responsible but has had no response and is tabling a question in the House of Commons next week.

If anyone has any further information, I would be most grateful to know.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, laslomas said:

I found my documents available for 3rd July online yesterday - but check-in still unavailable. Keep checking back, we all know what their IT system is like!!

Can you share what the arrangement is for the PCR test, who do you use how are you reimbursed for cost etc? 

3 hours ago, American_in_York said:

Sorry I'm a bit confused by this update. Does this mean Celebrity will also pay for my 15 year olds PCR test as well or just for those vaccinated passengers? 

The way I read it is that under 18’s would have an antigen test at the terminal instead of a PCR, at Celebrity’s expense.  Hopefully we will get more info from Celebrity soon. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, delondin said:

The way I read it is that under 18’s would have an antigen test at the terminal instead of a PCR, at Celebrity’s expense.  Hopefully we will get more info from Celebrity soon. 

Wouldn't it be great if the Antigen test was also the requirement for all the fully vaccinated adults too. So much easier than trying to source a test within the time window , in your local area, at a time that suits!! It is annoying to be thinking about this at a time I should be looking forward to the cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

Wouldn't it be great if the Antigen test was also the requirement for all the fully vaccinated adults too. So much easier than trying to source a test within the time window , in your local area, at a time that suits!! It is annoying to be thinking about this at a time I should be looking forward to the cruise.

Yes, Celebrity seem to be the only line that is requesting PCR, I wonder why.