Does Viking help you get your Covid test for travel back to the US?

skiladyldp

We will be sailing to Portugal on Viking in September 2022.  This cruise originally was scheduled for September 2020 and the rescheduled for September 2021 and again rescheduled for September 2022.  I know what to do to get a Covid test here in the US prior to travel since I just went to Hawaii but don't know about returning to the US from overseas.  I also don't want to get to hung on this now since a lot can change by then.  I would like to  know what others are experiencing on getting tested to return home.  Thank you for your help.

If you are "sailing to Portugal on Viking" this sounds like an ocean cruise?  If so, maybe the Viking Ocean board would have relevant info.  This is the Viking River Cruise board.

I almost remember reading that the Viking's ocean ships were installing COVID testing facilities.  Maybe check that out.

3 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

If you are "sailing to Portugal on Viking" this sounds like an ocean cruise?  If so, maybe the Viking Ocean board would have relevant info.  This is the Viking River Cruise board.

I almost remember reading that the Viking's ocean ships were installing COVID testing facilities.  Maybe check that out.

No, this is a cruise on the Douro river 😉 - Viking has a couple of river cruise ships there too.

steamboats

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steamboats said:

No, this is a cruise on the Douro river 😉 - Viking has a couple of river cruise ships there too.

steamboats

Thanks, I know that Viking sails on the Douro, but the phrasing " sailing TO Portugal" sounded like an ocean cruise.  OP did not say sailing IN Portugal, hence my interpretation.  Maybe OP will clarify.

Hello, sorry to have posted a little confusing statement.  Yes we will be River Cruise sailing out of Portugal on the Douro river.  I have heard back from my travel agent and she told me that Viking would assist us in getting Covid Testing to return home.  Of course, this is in 9/22 so things may be different then.  I just got back from Hawaii and went through the Covid testing 72 hours before departure on Hawaiian airline so I am familiar with what to do.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, patrickmoran said:

Unlikely to need a COVID test to reenter the US from Europe next year.

A lot of lovely bridges for sale over the Rhein and Donau.

Edited by CPT Trips