Joy gone from November sailings!

KKB

I am booked on this cruise and will be playing in the tournaments if they still happen.  I have heard from 2 reliable sources that the poker challenge may be postponed until next year.  There have not been enough people who qualified to make up the numbers I was told.  I hope the tournaments still go.  I have at least nine people who will buy directly into the main event if it is a go.

As far as the cruise not being there to book, I just looked at my reservation and it is still there.  I also just did a mock booking with no problems.  

@KKBI have no insight to offer, but we are booked on the NCL Joy 11/27/2021 departure.  Our reservation has had me skeptical for many weeks after I noticed the restaurant listing amongst other things no longer appeared on the MyNCL "explore & plan" tab.  As I stated on our Roll Call, I'm not holding my breath that this cruise is actually going to sail.  

NCL could also swap the Joy for a different ship in the fleet.  It's just speculation on my part.

4 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

2 minutes ago, cmego2 said:

@KKBI have no insight to offer, but we are booked on the NCL Joy 11/27/2021 departure.  Our reservation has had me skeptical for many weeks after I noticed the restaurant listing amongst other things no longer appeared on the MyNCL "explore & plan" tab.  As I stated on our Roll Call, I'm not holding my breath that this cruise is actually going to sail.  

NCL could also swap the Joy for a different ship in the fleet.  It's just speculation on my part.

I have no issues with them changing ships--tho I really hope it is one with Waterfront!

5 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

I am booked on this cruise and will be playing in the tournaments if they still happen.  I have heard from 2 reliable sources that the poker challenge may be postponed until next year.  There have not been enough people who qualified to make up the numbers I was told.  I hope the tournaments still go.  I have at least nine people who will buy directly into the main event if it is a go.

As far as the cruise not being there to book, I just looked at my reservation and it is still there.  I also just did a mock booking with no problems.  

I still get no matches for Caribbean, Joy in Nov....

Pushing it another year isn''t a huge deal...except that will be my last year of teaching. And they give us a nice incentive to use as little leave as possible that last year...which means this cruise loses most of its value for us even being a "free" cruise. Guess we could sell it at that point

23 minutes ago, cmego2 said:

We just booked 11/27/21 as well.  Tried a dummy booking just now and that sailing plus previous ones all showed up?!  Would not want to swap ships as we've been on Bliss, Encore and really want to try the Joy!  

Was it a website glitch for those who posted sailings for Nov. were removed or is something afoot (as you suspect)?  Fingers crossed.

@snorklinbarbI've attempted to make a mock booking utilizing two different web browsers, and I received the "0 Matching Cruise Results" message no matter the web browser being utilized.  

Like you, we've been wanting to cruise aboard the Joy too!  I'm not opposed to a ship swap, but I'd probably look into other travel options OR just stay home.  

3 hours ago, cmego2 said:

@KKBI have no insight to offer, but we are booked on the NCL Joy 11/27/2021 departure.  Our reservation has had me skeptical for many weeks after I noticed the restaurant listing amongst other things no longer appeared on the MyNCL "explore & plan" tab....

My NCL for our October Joy cruise hasn't been showing the restaurant listing either.   It does show shore excursion.

We are about 10 days from when we should be able to book dining so I hope it shows up soon🤞

Edited by Sand and Seas

45 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

My NCL for our October Joy cruise hasn't been showing the restaurant listing either.   It does show shore excursion.

We are about 10 days from when we should be able to book dining so I hope it shows up soon🤞

Please come back to post whether you are or are not able to make those specialty dining reservations.  I'm perplexed by the missing restaurant listing, but it could be some type of an error.  Fingers crossed that you'll be able to book your dining choices!

Edited by cmego2
Typo

2 hours ago, cmego2 said:

Please come back to post whether you are or are not able to make those specialty dining reservations.  I'm perplexed by the missing restaurant listing, but it could be some type of an error.  Fingers crossed that you'll be able to book your dining choices!

I'll try to remember to come back and report.  I have asked on our roll call if anyone is Haven and able to book sooner.

3 hours ago, cmego2 said:

I'm perplexed by the missing restaurant listing, but it could be some type of an error.  Fingers crossed that you'll be able to book your dining choices!

I remember that, for one of my NCL cruises, specialty dining reservations did not open for all restaurants at the same time. IIRC, for several weeks it was possible to book Cagney's but not Le Bistro, even though booking should then have been open for all passengers, not just the Haven. It appeared then that it had to be set up separately for each restaurant and each sailing, with manual intervention. Possibly there could be a similar issue with just the listing, even before it's time to book.

Edited by kochleffel