Is 16 days and counting too long?

As promised, here is the latest, and not happy, update.  After emailing with Jennefer, I received an email from my Regent contact who said she would send a list of cruises that they could offer me at a discount.  I received 4 cruises and we picked the one that worked best for us.  Without going into a lot of specific detail, we let Regent know that we wanted to move up one category and noted that, for the cruise we chose, that was a $1,050 pp uncharge, and I asked what they could do for us.  I did not ask for them to give the uncharge for free, just whatever they would offer to do.  The reply back was that they couldn't do anything for that suite, although there were at least 10 of them available.  The representative said we. could go back one category, and I have to admit that I didn't even give her a chance to tell us what that deal would be.  The fact that they wanted to offer only what they felt was good for them, and not what a disappointed customer wanted, just did it for me.  Guess we won't be on another Regent cruise, and that is too bad since the cruise itself would be good.  I am not in any way demeaning the actual Regent cruise experience, just the management of the company.  I'm at a stage of life where I don't have to do business with a company I don't like.

Jay

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Realizing you are at the end of your tether on this experience:  

My only other (and last) suggestion is that you notify Jennifer as to this unsatisfactory outcome.  There  may still be a lifeline left; although at this juncture, it appears any cruise experience on a Line you don't like would diminish the experience.  

I am very sorry Regent could not (would not) "go that extra mile" for you.  

Perhaps we will meet on a future Silversea, Crystal, or Seabourn ship.  

Best regards-- 

GOARMY!

I am sorry to hear that Regent treated you in the manner that they did.  It disappoints me in my thinking of Regent.   I would not like them treating us like that.  I do not find it surprising with the company Regent is today.   Given their high end client they would be wise to rethink their current customer service approach.

23 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

I am sorry to hear that Regent treated you in the manner that they did.  It disappoints me in my thinking of Regent.   I would not like them treating us like that.  I do not find it surprising with the company Regent is today.   Given their high end client they would be wise to rethink their current customer service approach.

Given that we have not yet tried Regent but hope our sailing in December goes as planned, your "The company Regent is today" statement concerns me.  Do you think it has changed significantly enough to affect the onboard experience?

I have complete trust in what we will experience onboard the ship at sea.  I am sorry to have alarmed you.  We love being onboard Regent and are looking forward to the two cruises we have booked.  I poorly expressed myself.  The way Regent of today handles the business end of things could use some finesse .  We go way back to when it was a small company and things were handled differently.  Fortunately for all of us being on a Regent ship is the happiest place to be for many of us.

please forgive me.  I tend to have strong reactions🤭

13 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

I have complete trust in what we will experience onboard the ship at sea.  I am sorry to have alarmed you.  We love being onboard Regent and are looking forward to the two cruises we have booked.  I poorly expressed myself.  The way Regent of today handles the business end of things could use some finesse .  We go way back to when it was a small company and things were handled differently.  Fortunately for all of us being on a Regent ship is the happiest place to be for many of us.

please forgive me.  I tend to have strong reactions🤭

Thank you for that reassurance.  We are definitely looking forward to getting back to cruising and especially our first Regent experience.

My experience with my Regent Consultant, Yamilla was not as stressful as I read here by some.

My original inaugural cruise aboard RSS Mariner was set for July 2 this year. This was cancelled in April and moved to RSS Explorer for August 2022. Yamilla told me since I was in Penthouse A on Mariner the switch to the same class on Explorer was seamless, without cost inflation. She even arranged a pretty sweet suite (😄😁😆) location, which she practically read my mind on, Deck 9 - #915.

I just had Regent arrange to handle the Visa for Istanbul for an additional 100$, which raised the insurance premium by 10$.

I was surprised how well it was handled, in fact. Mariner was doing a Western Med trip, the Explorer is doing an Eastern Med trip with mostly the same Greek ports.

I was just going to cancel outright and be refunded my deposit.

But, I'll wait and see (that same cruise is waitlisted for suites above Concierge D, except Grand and Explorer suites).

Edited by SireDoime
additional context