Is 16 days and counting too long?

Just wanted to let everyone know how this did not work for us.

We had a Horizon View Suite on the Mariner.  There is no directly comparable suite on Explorer, so they offered a Seven Seas Suite.  When it was offered, I told Regent that we do not want a suite in the bow (just our personal preference) and was told not to worry, that there were other locations that we would find acceptable.  It took a long time to get any real response and today we were told the we could upgrade to an Explorer suite for almost $7,000, which is much more that anyone can upgrade today from a Penthouse to the Explorer Suite.  We were also offered a Penthouse, a downgrade for us, but with no other compensation.  We have canceled this cruise and are not happy with Regent.

53 minutes ago, annapolitan369 said:

We had a Horizon View Suite on the Mariner.  There is no directly comparable suite on Explorer, so they offered a Seven Seas Suite.  When it was offered, I told Regent that we do not want a suite in the bow (just our personal preference) and was told not to worry, that there were other locations that we would find acceptable.  It took a long time to get any real response and today we were told the we could upgrade to an Explorer suite for almost $7,000, which is much more that anyone can upgrade today from a Penthouse to the Explorer Suite.  We were also offered a Penthouse, a downgrade for us, but with no other compensation.  We have canceled this cruise and are not happy with Regent.

WOW! Sad, you have to wonder were customer service is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, annapolitan369 said:

So unfortunate!  I'm very sorry this did not work out for you.  It seems that it is becoming easy to be disillusioned with Regent's customer service.

1 minute ago, annapolitan369 said:

I think we may be seeing some effect of the parent company’s ownership. 

Without a doubt. Regent is not autonomous...they do what FDR tells them to do. This can be both good and bad.

But I have a question....how many people who are unhappy with Regent have called the executive offices and expressed their concern? "Hi Jason, I have 516 nights on Regent and your customer service is really disappointing...why don't you do something about it before we are so frustrated we can't even remember the good anymore?"

It seems this would be far more effective than posting here.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Turn 8A said:

In my experience, Jason (or an assistant) does read and reply to your emails.

There is a Social Media person who reads and summarizes. If they see something important they pass it up the chain.

22 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

There is a Social Media person who reads and summarizes. If they see something important they pass it up the chain.

I can attest that this is true.  I recently (a few months back) posted about an issue I had with a response from Customer Service at Regent.  Deborah Legister, Guest Relations Administrator, sent me an email stating she had seen my "post on our social media."  After I explained that I never use Facebook she admitted that she had seen my post on CC.   Although my issue still wasn't addressed to my satisfaction (i.e., upgrade your horizon on grand voyages) I thought it nice that they had followed up.  BTW, she knew the booking number I was concerned with (which was not posted on CC) so she had researched the situation before reaching out to me.

Marc

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Without a doubt. Regent is not autonomous...they do what FDR tells them to do. This can be both good and bad.

But I have a question....how many people who are unhappy with Regent have called the executive offices and expressed their concern? "Hi Jason, I have 516 nights on Regent and your customer service is really disappointing...why don't you do something about it before we are so frustrated we can't even remember the good anymore?"

It seems this would be far more effective than posting here.

Don’t you think Regent monitors these Boards—most companies get report and top management should be reading trouble spots.  It’s pretty common, but it depends on what management does with the information.  It’s pretty obvious the Jason doesn’t care.

8 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Don’t you think Regent monitors these Boards—most companies get report and top management should be reading trouble spots.  It’s pretty common, but it depends on what management does with the information.  It’s pretty obvious the Jason doesn’t care.

I explained how they monitor Social Media...confirmed by Mrlevin. My point is that if you are so bothered by this than use a proactive method to communicate...not a passive one. I suspect you will get better results.

9 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I explained how they monitor Social Media...confirmed by Mrlevin. My point is that if you are so bothered by this than use a proactive method to communicate...not a passive one. I suspect you will get better results.

True, but I’m not the company that wants my business—just thinking but a little proactive on Regents part would be nice, after it’s our dollars that give Regent profits.

• Like 1

Instead of all this trying to figure out who reads what at Regent, how about them getting the cruises you have booked in your account.  They just changed a port of call for a cruise of mine and yet that cruise no longer shows up in "booked cruises".  I say Regent, get with it.  I understand it's a rapidly developing situation... I truly do.....but it's also frustrating when folks who have reserved a cruise can't even go back and sign up for shore excursions and such.  This will be our first cruise on Regent and I'm a bit surprised. 

7 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I don't think a single example of a social media response confirms much of anything about how Regent monitors or responds to social media.  I would instead look at Regent's history on this forum.

CC threads have frequently been filled with questions or comments that Regent just doesn't address despite Regent having been contacted directly and despite the ongoing CC thread discussion.

There have been lengthy threads with complaints such as long-standing malfunctions of the website, or onboard internet, or changes in itineraries that occur without an explanation that makes sense, or inaccurate and misleading statements on the website or in marketing materials.  Rarely has someone from Regent responded on CC to pages of posts that leave customers in a quandary.  Because Regent didn't respond, the threads would go on and on, fostered by one or more posters who seemed compelled to defend Regent with generalities that tried to deflect responsibility from Regent or often to blame the customer. We had pages of  explanations of why Regent couldn't fix something or how all cruise lines have the same problems, or Regent is always doing the best it can, or it is really the customer's fault for having the wrong travel agent or not contacting the proper person, etc. 

Many of these tortuous threads highlighting problems could have been ended promptly  if Regent simply posted a response or addressed the issue on its website.  My take is that Regent's communication, in general, is poor for a company that tries to portray its image as a luxury experience.  I have yet to see evidence of management's ocommitment to improve its communications with customers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BNguy said:

Instead of all this trying to figure out who reads what at Regent, how about them getting the cruises you have booked in your account.  They just changed a port of call for a cruise of mine and yet that cruise no longer shows up in "booked cruises".  I say Regent, get with it.  I understand it's a rapidly developing situation... I truly do.....but it's also frustrating when folks who have reserved a cruise can't even go back and sign up for shore excursions and such.  This will be our first cruise on Regent and I'm a bit surprised. 

We booked a cruise (before Covid), the disembarkation was Los Angeles-Regent said they made a small change—the disembarkation port was changed to Lima, Peru.  If we stayed on the cruise we’d get 2 extra days and a large SBC at no extra coast to us including return air.  We accepted the offer.  What did Regent do, lowered the cost of the cruise to new reservation.  What happened next, they canceled the cruise.  Did they give you anything for rebooking again, no and took away the SBC.

Direct communication is the accepted business practice, not random comments on a 3rd party forum. Complaining here without calling Regent directly seems to suggest a desire to vent without a desire to resolve. Either way, I wish you success is settling this matter to your satisfaction and smooth seas in your future.

There is obviously so very much more than we could ever consider going on in the background at all times.  Our December Caribbean cruise just had a change of ports again.  I suppose that if we do actually sail, it will be a bit more of an adventure than originally hoped.  Things might change day to day.  I think I can talk myself into being okay with that as long as we are safe and we are sailing.

1 hour ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

"....  I suppose that if we do actually sail, it will be a bit more of an adventure than originally hoped.  Things might change day to day.  I think I can talk myself into being okay with that as long as we are safe and we are sailing....."

Grandmaanne - At this point for me/us, we've had to wait so long to start cruising again...As long as our cruise leaves from Miami on schedule (Mariner/December), the champagne is cold, and there's plenty of lobster/filet onboard....I won't really care which port/s we pull into...or quite frankly, whether we just stay at sea for the full 18 days until reaching San Francisco.  I'll be "super-happy"!  ((Oh, and mostly calm seas would also be appreciated)). Regards

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, annapolitan369 said:

Pcardad

I did discuss my issues directly with Regent, to no avail. I’m reminded of some wise advise, watch what they do, not. what they say. With me, Regent didn’t follow thru on their promise. 

If you don't achieve satisfaction the regular number, call the executive offices and leave a detailed message with booking info and a return number. Also, your travel agent, depending on their volume, has access to an inside executive. That is another path. Good luck!

21 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If you don't achieve satisfaction the regular number, call the executive offices and leave a detailed message with booking info and a return number. Also, your travel agent, depending on their volume, has access to an inside executive. That is another path. Good luck!

I am new to Regent, hoping to enjoy my first cruise with them in December so my experience with Regent is quite limited and occurring at a difficult time for everyone.  However, I have to think that a line that advertizes itself as the world's most luxurious cruise line would and should do better at customer service.  The need to beg to get what one has paid for belittles everything about the experience.  One should not have to "call the executive offices" in order to be heard.  That should be done on first contact.  I truly hope that the onboard experience is far superior to what I am seeing prior to embarkation.

No need to beg. Calling is a final step if you disagree with the cruise line policy. I am only trying to help you achieve what you believe is a fair shake. 

If you don't want my advice, perhaps you would be interested in my experience. With over 500 nights on Regent as a paying customer, before becoming a specialty TA, I have found them to be very good at meeting the needs of their clients....and I an extremely picky.

Either way, I hope you find what you seek. 😃