Is 16 days and counting too long?

5 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

No need to beg. Calling is a final step if you disagree with the cruise line policy. I am only trying to help you achieve what you believe is a fair shake. 

If you don't want my advice, perhaps you would be interested in my experience. With over 500 nights on Regent as a paying customer, before becoming a specialty TA, I have found them to be very good at meeting the needs of their clients....and I an extremely picky.

Either way, I hope you find what you seek. 😃

My frustration, and that of my TA, is that the information is slow to come from Regent and changing constantly.  Many of the changes are probably out of Regent's control due to the fluid nature of restarting cruising in these unprecedented times, however, when I still can't even find out which suite I have been assigned 23 days later, that seems a little far fetched.  I have no idea if I am unhappy with the location nor if I can do anything about it.

As I said, I am really hoping that the onboard experience makes up for all this unnecessary angst.  I just want to be able to look forward to and plan my cruise until I actually step aboard.  Then, I want to be pampered.  That's what I have paid for.

31 minutes ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

My frustration, and that of my TA, is that the information is slow to come from Regent and changing constantly.  Many of the changes are probably out of Regent's control due to the fluid nature of restarting cruising in these unprecedented times, however, when I still can't even find out which suite I have been assigned 23 days later, that seems a little far fetched.  I have no idea if I am unhappy with the location nor if I can do anything about it.

As I said, I am really hoping that the onboard experience makes up for all this unnecessary angst.  I just want to be able to look forward to and plan my cruise until I actually step aboard.  Then, I want to be pampered.  That's what I have paid for.

They are quite good at pampering...it will be worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

They are quite good at pampering...it will be worth it.

I would agree about the pampering on the ship, but is it worth dealing with Regent before hand?  Not really if you have frustration before you leave for the ship.

Anne,

I agree with Pcardad that you should enjoy the Regent experience onboard.  We certainly did.

However, I strongly disagree with his suggestion of calling the executive offices.  A luxury line ought to have trained staff who have sufficient authority to take care of their customers.  I'm sure that most Regent customers have sufficient skills to deal with the company's executives, but, if they are like me, they are retired and expect a luxury company to take care of their needs without having to resort to using their business skills.  I have no desire to have to go to that extent with a company that I am paying to take care of my needs.  To put this into perspective, I have a business degree from Wharton, law from Harvard and medicine from Johns Hopkins.  Among other things, I have been the CEO of a large hospital and know how to deal with companies.  I have no desire to do that it planning a luxury cruise vacation and, if that is what is needed, I'm not interested.

I hope Regent does monitor this site, whether they respond or not, as I believe that many of their potential customers would feel as I do.  They have a good product and I really hope they don't ruin it, as they have done for us.

• Like 7

Can I make another suggestion.  Your TA is roughly paid 15% of your cruise fare for their services; when things go wrong you need to make them earn it.  Just tell your TA to work with Regent to make it right; if they can't, maybe it is time for another TA.

I have had issues over the years where my TAs, both former and current, worked with Radisson/Regent to get problems fixed.  Of course, there have been a very few times where no amount of arm twisting would get Regent to change their position.  Luckily when this happened recently (dealing with a cancellation and rebooking) the bad taste was quickly forgotten by the next collaboration between my TA and Regent wherein I was a very happy camper.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, annapolitan369 said:

Anne,

I agree with Pcardad that you should enjoy the Regent experience onboard.  We certainly did.

However, I strongly disagree with his suggestion of calling the executive offices.  A luxury line ought to have trained staff who have sufficient authority to take care of their customers.  I'm sure that most Regent customers have sufficient skills to deal with the company's executives, but, if they are like me, they are retired and expect a luxury company to take care of their needs without having to resort to using their business skills.  I have no desire to have to go to that extent with a company that I am paying to take care of my needs.  To put this into perspective, I have a business degree from Wharton, law from Harvard and medicine from Johns Hopkins.  Among other things, I have been the CEO of a large hospital and know how to deal with companies.  I have no desire to do that it planning a luxury cruise vacation and, if that is what is needed, I'm not interested.

I hope Regent does monitor this site, whether they respond or not, as I believe that many of their potential customers would feel as I do.  They have a good product and I really hope they don't ruin it, as they have done for us.

Jay,

I totally agree with you.  I think that I am more upset for you than I am for myself.  I am not at the frustration level where I have cancelled my cruise like you have felt forced to, and hope not to get to that point.  I still have hope that the information we need will come through.  I'm really not that concerned with the location of our suite although I do have my preferences.  I'm very happy with the price that we paid for this cruise so I am willing to overlook some things but that doesn't mean that I won't complain about them and voice my opinion.  I am truly sorry that we won't be cruising together.  I imagine that we would have enjoyed a chat or two along the way.  Take care.

Anne

2 hours ago, annapolitan369 said:

Anne,

My point was that complaining here does nothing to solve the issue. Complaining to Regent corporate might. Should you HAVE to complain...of course not. Their PR is horrible and their communication is worse....but don't lose out on a great experience because some people in corporate are unable to handle Covid.

17 hours ago, Pcardad said:

My point was that complaining here does nothing to solve the issue. Complaining to Regent corporate might. Should you HAVE to complain...of course not. Their PR is horrible and their communication is worse....but don't lose out on a great experience because some people in corporate are unable to handle Covid.

I think Anne (annapolitan369) has thee rights idea and said it nicely.  People write on this board to let others no the good and the bad.  Is nRegent a nice cruise on the ship, yes it is, but it’s the total experience that counts and that includes what Regent management does before and after the cruise.  We all know things happen, and everyone can’t have what the think they should get—but it’s how thinks are handled my a company that makes that company great or so-so.  For me right now Regent is so-so at best.

• Like 2

I am sorry your experience was not as good as mine. I am happy to try to help if you wish but it seems your like path is consistent with your goals. I wish you better success in the future and I hope you find what you are looking for no matter what cruise line it may be. 😊

8 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I am sorry your experience was not as good as mine. I am happy to try to help if you wish but it seems your like path is consistent with your goals. I wish you better success in the future and I hope you find what you are looking for no matter what cruise line it may be. 😊

Shouldn’t this be signed “Regent Management”?

• Like 1

I thought that I would come back on and give an update.  Today, 26 days after Regent announced the cancellation of our original cruise, we have received written confirmation of our transfer to the new cruise from our TA.  My account on Regent had registered the cruise many days ago but since I had no invoice or confirmation from my TA, I felt in limbo.

So, the answer to the original question of "Is 16 days and counting too long?" is yes, however, that is only my opinion and that really only matters to me.  It does not change the situation nor the outcome.  It only diminished my sense of joy in the anticipation of my next cruise.  I still don't have all the information I would like, however, I do have all the information that I need.  Thank you for a lively discussion which helped kill the time as I waited for confirmation.  Safe travels!

• Like 2

On 6/17/2021 at 10:35 PM, Pcardad said:

They CAN but since Jason went to RCC I do not believe they have replaced him...

Hi @Pcardad and @annapolitan369My name is Jennefer and I am the new Director of Guest Experience at RSCC. While we do not regularly monitor Cruise Critic, I am happy to assist with any issues directly. I can be contacted at jteegen@rssc.com. Thank you! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

Hi @Pcardad and @annapolitan369My name is Jennefer and I am the new Director of Guest Experience at RSCC. While we do not regularly monitor Cruise Critic, I am happy to assist with any issues directly. I can be contacted at jteegen@rssc.com. Thank you! 

Welcome to 3000 people emailing you about FCC and cabin transfer to Explorer and If you will change deposit due dates and masks and vaccines...stock up on vodka, you will need it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Welcome to 3000 people emailing you about FCC and cabin transfer to Explorer and If you will change deposit due dates and masks and vaccines...stock up on vodka, you will need it.

I realize you’re trying to be funny with a little humor, however it’s should have gotten to this point in the first place had Regent done their job in a professional business manor-every customer should be treated the same. Period………

• Like 2

Read your response 10 minutes ago and I'm still laughing. 

29 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

I realize you’re trying to be funny with a little humor, however it’s should have gotten to this point in the first place had Regent done their job in a professional business manor-every customer should be treated the same. Period………

Listen mate, me being funny (I was) and Regent doing their job are two different things. Have a drink, have a laugh and have a nice afternoon!

• Like 3

Listen mate, me being funny (I was) and Regent doing their job are two different things. Have a drink, have a laugh and have a nice afternoon!

😂Agree🤣Let’s hope Jennifer is having an good laugh!

To annapolitan369, Pcardad, and perhaps some of those 3,000 CC observers:

Reference Ms. Teegen's potential Deux ex Machina intervention, thus resolving this apparently unresolvable situation to the satisfaction of all concerned; thereby happy ending for the parties directly involved as well as our general 3,000 CC audience-- 

From the FWIW Department, purely anecdotal, and hardly dispositive:   

We have benefitted from Ms. Teegen's attention to detail.  This action on her part was totally unexpected, and not-sought.  A relative simple matter given the COVID-19 context.  We had planned on having our 50th wedding anniversary Renewal of Vows "event" conducted by Cruise Director John Bannon on March 19, 2020 while aboard Splendor en route from San Diego to Miami.  Got the word while at Regent's assigned hotel in San Diego on March 13th as to cancelation.  

In due course--obtained a full refund for that cruise; to include about $450.00 for the Vows ceremony which did not happen.  So, put this matter in the rear view mirror.  

Then, shortly before Christmas, comes via FedEx in a very-carefully wrapped box, a bottle of very-expensive Champagne--the same as we anticipated enjoying with our dear friends (and our TA and her spouse) aboard Splendor.  An attached Note (NOT attributed to any specific person at Regent) expressed regret for us not being able to celebrate that occasion on Splendor; together with the "hope" of returning to Regent cruising in the near future.

(Aside:  we sure-hope so, after having three more cruises canceled.  Hopefully, will be aboard Explorer at Barcelona on October 31st for TA crossing to Miami.)  

Our initial thought was that our TA was the instigator for this action.  A follow-up phone call to the TA revealed it was Jennifer.  She had taken the initiative to coordinate the matter with the TA.  Therefore, sent Jennifer an email expressing our thanks for "going more than the extra mile" as to customer satisfaction.  Received a nice response.  Also, went up-the-chain of Regent's management command structure by emailing Jason Montague expressing our appreciation for Jennifer's unsolicited action.  He also responded.  

Again, a small matter.  But, if the past is any guide, Ms. Teegen will take the instant situation seriously.  

GOARMY!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

annapolitan369:  

Based on previous CC virtual conversations (and musings) with Pcardad--and as noted earlier on this, and other Threads--his uncanny ability as a soothsayer, seer, and prognosticator as to Regent Return to Sailing timelines:  (Plus, we share a common interest in trivia concerning 1950s and 1960s Sci Fi movies.)

He provides sound advice.  Request you keep the assembled CC Greek Chorus updated as to results.  

GOARMY!

Just an update.  Received a response from Jennefer promptly and she has been in contact with out Regent representative.  There is some recognition that we were not treated as well as we should have been and they are looking at alternate cruises to see what they can do to keep us as happy customers.  I'll let you know how this goes.

Jay

• Like 3