3rd person in our party is not vaxxed.

seaseid

We sail out on the horizon July 24 and my wife and I are vaxxed but my oldest son who is supposed to go with us is not. We will still go, but will we be able to take him off without being penalized, or have to change rooms?

8 minutes ago, seaseid said:

We sail out on the horizon July 24 and my wife and I are vaxxed but my oldest son who is supposed to go with us is not. We will still go, but will we be able to take him off without being penalized, or have to change rooms?

Have him be a no show. I wouldnt take him off the booking. You could get moved or repriced.

Assuming your cruise is a go, and he isnt on it, after the cruise his port fees and taxes will be refunded to the card that paid them.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

You may or may not be penalized. Some deposits are non-refundable however Carnival has been very flexible with changes during the shutdown and all the rebookings. You could be bumped from your cabin if he doesn't go and they need a 3+ pax cabin for someone else. You could possibly have to rebook for 2 at a different rate. Call Carnival and see what your options are. Some would just have him be a no show if they don't want to risk changing their booking. No show will receive refund of taxes and port fees.

• Like 1

If you open the booking they will reprice it and if you booked early save they will charge a $50 change fee. The initial cruises aren't going to sail full.

You can always call Carnival and ask all the what if questions to see what the costs vs savings are. They won't don't anything if you don't ask them to.

I have no idea what the actual answer from Carnival will be but as others have said, they have been very accommodating during Covid.  Call them and explain your circumstances.