Another CCL Email re: August Cruises just received:

Wanna_Cruize

6 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

If the passenger cancels, I would believe they would lose OBC. If Carnival cancels them, they would be able to keep it. This has been the going cadence for a while now. This is why I believe it is wrong to even draw out the process. They should have started with 0% issues by going vaccine only. Nothing wishy-washy about it. You know immediately whether you can go, the OBC and stuff can be handled, and a date in the future (say Nov 1 for lack of better date) is the first opportunity for unvaccinated passengers. This way no one is in limbo, there is no need for an exemption process, and no risk "day of" being told you can't sail. How nice would that be to show up at the terminal because your flight was late, get there at 2PM, and the cruise line saying you cannot be checked in because they are at the 5% threshhold. Because your plane was late, it was no fault of the cruise line, we will give you a nice FCC instead. Enjoy your week!!!

I rebooked and kept my obc, plus they moved my deposit so no out of pocket.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm not sure the cruiselines can help being wishy washy. What if the power hungry cdc doesnt allow the cso to expire on Nov 1st. This is their only power. No cruiseline can say when the cdc will let loose of them. 

And just when the cruise lines had adapted to the CDC requirements, along comes desantis to muck things up and cause further delays and angst all around.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

FYI, we are booked on Panorama for the first cruise, August 21, out of Long Beach, CA. 

YMMV

I cancelled yesterday, not giving Carnival any more money not knowing if we can sail. Rebooked for next year, planning alternative Vacation with kids.

2 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

You didn't hear about the Gem out of the DR and the Joy out of Nassau's cruises being canceled? I was one of the cruiser's who was told that the Gem's sailings had to be pulled due to staffing issues....".Yeah and the checks in the Mail".....Check it out on the NCL boards if you don't believe me...

The only threads I was interested in over on the NCL boards were about the game changing Prima.  I had zero interest in cruising to the Caribbean from a non US port since I just got back from 8 nights at an adults only AI in Punta Cana.  Understand that the excuse they gave you was BS, but in the end I am assuming that sales were not as robust as they assumed and the sailings were cancelled.

You end up with air credits and I assume an 125% FCC or refund.  It's not the end of the world and if this snafu causes you to never cruise on NCL again, you have many competitors to choose from and they have millions of possible new cruisers that will take your place.

1 hour ago, surfone said:

I still wonder how a unvaxx cruise will be able to sail without some major outbreaks and that goes for vaxxed cruises too next year as the initial covid shots expire and many choose not to get the booster.  

Why do you think that many vaccinated cruisers would choose to not get a booster shot, assuming of course that it's needed?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torchwood said:

I rebooked and kept my obc, plus they moved my deposit so no out of pocket.

What OBC were you able to keep? We would entertain rebooking if we can keep the $100 they were going to give it the cruise sailed or the $600 that all the cancelled cruises got. We’ve got under-12s and I’m not willing to chance the unknown protocols for them or that we might win the 5% lottery…

4 hours ago, cruisegirl06 said:

What OBC were you able to keep? We would entertain rebooking if we can keep the $100 they were going to give it the cruise sailed or the $600 that all the cancelled cruises got. We’ve got under-12s and I’m not willing to chance the unknown protocols for them or that we might win the 5% lottery…

They would probably give you the 600 if you pushed it back a year. You would not deserve the 100 bonus.

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Why do you think that many vaccinated cruisers would choose to not get a booster shot, assuming of course that it's needed?

I should have said "if" many choose not to get the booster for whatever reasons.  Like I said it will be interesting to see it unfold as the next year unfolds.

17 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The only threads I was interested in over on the NCL boards were about the game changing Prima.  I had zero interest in cruising to the Caribbean from a non US port since I just got back from 8 nights at an adults only AI in Punta Cana.  Understand that the excuse they gave you was BS, but in the end I am assuming that sales were not as robust as they assumed and the sailings were cancelled.

You end up with air credits and I assume an 125% FCC or refund.  It's not the end of the world and if this snafu causes you to never cruise on NCL again, you have many competitors to choose from and they have millions of possible new cruisers that will take your place.

True on every point! Thanks