Delay of Opening of Sales for Cruises on MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina

Geobugs

4 minutes ago, kilkoyne said:

I had b2b cruises reserved. 9/25 is showing my cabin but 10/2 is now saying stateroom is not assigned.

I called MSC this morning. The receptionist said the only way I could get my room back was to repurchase the 10/2 cruise. She said she "thinks" I would get it for the same price but wouldn't be sure until I cancelled and rebooked. Since I travel light I didn't bother repurchasing. Not a good way to keep customers coming back IMO.

Sounds like the luck of the draw as to who you get on the phone at MSC. As a follow-up to my previous comment, I was able to speak with someone who changed me back to my Fantastica experience balcony room -- the one I booked originally.

17 minutes ago, geoatl said:

Sounds like the luck of the draw as to who you get on the phone at MSC. As a follow-up to my previous comment, I was able to speak with someone who changed me back to my Fantastica experience balcony room -- the one I booked originally.

I was going to tell her I was reading how others have gotten their rooms back. Maybe I'll try calling back now....it's worth a shot I guess.

Wondering if those who were able to get their rooms back had guaranteed assigned rooms to begin with. 

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kilkoyne said:

I was going to tell her I was reading how others have gotten their rooms back. Maybe I'll try calling back now....it's worth a shot I guess.

Wondering if those who were able to get their rooms back had guaranteed assigned rooms to begin with. 

You definitely should. Couldn't hurt.  One in our group 6 rooms did NOT get his room back. Someone else had been slotted for it. 

4 hours ago, geoatl said:

You definitely should. Couldn't hurt.  One in our group 6 rooms did NOT get his room back. Someone else had been slotted for it. 

My room was showing it was available earlier.....then it wasn't showing as available.....checked again and right now it's available again. I'm going to try calling again tomorrow.

13 hours ago, cricketcj1 said:

I just got an E mail ,Re our Divina booking for Nov,14 7 nts .From Port canaveral.New changes ?. Will call Friday .

That's the one I have on my list to book. Pending the mandatory indoor mask is lifted by then for those vaccinated.

18 hours ago, geoatl said:

Can you tell me (or anyone else here) if getting your old room back was easy for the representative? The one I spoke with wasn't able to change my room but it sounds like it should be easy from what I've read here. I just don't want to sit on the phone with someone again for 30 minutes only for them to tell me I may have to pay more but they don't "think" so. 

53 minutes ago, kilkoyne said:

Can you tell me (or anyone else here) if getting your old room back was easy for the representative? The one I spoke with wasn't able to change my room but it sounds like it should be easy from what I've read here. I just don't want to sit on the phone with someone again for 30 minutes only for them to tell me I may have to pay more but they don't "think" so. 

Wow, once I finally got through it was less than a matter of minutes to get my old room number back.

That first representative kept me on the phone for over 30 mins and still wasn't able to get my old room number for me. FYI, if anyone can't get their room number back and it's still available speak to another representative. 👍

• Like 1