Included Red Lion Hotel stay in Portland area

jagoffee

I have a few questions.  I have tried the search function without success.

1.  I know the ACL pre cruise hotel includes transfers to the port. (Which is no big deal at the Red Lion).  Does it also include transfers from Airport to the hotel?

2.  If no, does anyone have any recommendations for getting to the Red Lion hotel?

3.  If we want to stay two nights at the hotel instead of one, do we book the extra night with ACL or the hotel directly?

4.  Does anyone know which type of accommodations are included in the pre cruise Red Lion stay? Queens, King Bed, view, etc?

Thank you in advance for input.

We are very much looking forward to our first ACL experience.

20 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I have a few questions.  I have tried the search function without success.

1.  I know the ACL pre cruise hotel includes transfers to the port. (Which is no big deal at the Red Lion).  Does it also include transfers from Airport to the hotel?

2.  If no, does anyone have any recommendations for getting to the Red Lion hotel?

3.  If we want to stay two nights at the hotel instead of one, do we book the extra night with ACL or the hotel directly?

4.  Does anyone know which type of accommodations are included in the pre cruise Red Lion stay? Queens, King Bed, view, etc?

Thank you in advance for input.

We are very much looking forward to our first ACL experience.

Hi jagoffee,

We did this itinerary on 11 October 2019 (before Covid). We did stay one night pre-cruise at the Red Lion Hotel -- do not recall any option to book additional pre-cruise nights, but did not even inquire if possible (or how to do it).  Getting a taxi from the airport was easy --   I recall the fare was about $50.00 (not including gratuity).  It was probably about a 25 minute ride??

As to the hotel accommodations, they were just fine.  We had a king size bed -- not specifically requested, but we were fine with that option.

Overall, we were very pleased with the entire trip (our seventh with ACL).  We do enjoy the product that they put forth.

Hope this helps -- Enjoy the cruise.

NRayH

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 4:09 PM, jagoffee said:

Does it also include transfers from Airport to the hotel? If no, does anyone have any recommendations for getting to the Red Lion hotel?

You have to get yourself from the airport to the hotel.  We used the Trimet MAX Red Line to get to downtown; the station is right there at the airport  Cost $2.50/pp.  See trimet.org for details.

20 hours ago, Ray in NH said:

Hi jagoffee,

We did this itinerary on 11 October 2019 (before Covid). We did stay one night pre-cruise at the Red Lion Hotel -- do not recall any option to book additional pre-cruise nights, but did not even inquire if possible (or how to do it).  Getting a taxi from the airport was easy --   I recall the fare was about $50.00 (not including gratuity).  It was probably about a 25 minute ride??

As to the hotel accommodations, they were just fine.  We had a king size bed -- not specifically requested, but we were fine with that option.

Overall, we were very pleased with the entire trip (our seventh with ACL).  We do enjoy the product that they put forth.

Hope this helps -- Enjoy the cruise.

NRayH

Yes, helpful.  We are staying an extra night because AA changed our non stop flight and we did not want to arrive in Portland at midnight CST.

We booked the extra night directly with the Red Lion.  ACL has informed us that we need to call them a week or so before our cruise date, so they can let the hotel know to book us in the same room for the ACL included hotel. We booked a King premium view room.

We are cruising with another couple.  I checked car rental prices and they are outrageous.  We will probably use Uber or a taxi,  (the hotel is too far for a hotel shuttle to the airport, but I will double check)

Thank you for the good wishes for our cruise.

9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, helpful.  We are staying an extra night because AA changed our non stop flight and we did not want to arrive in Portland at midnight CST.

We booked the extra night directly with the Red Lion.  ACL has informed us that we need to call them a week or so before our cruise date, so they can let the hotel know to book us in the same room for the ACL included hotel. We booked a King premium view room.

Thank you for the good wishes for our cruise.

Jagoffee,

I was happy to hear that you received the same type of info, about booking an additional nights to link with the comped night offered by ACL.  We are doing the same thing in September this year, only in St. Louis, before our Ohio  River Cruise.  Both the hotel and ACL have assured us that we will be in the same room for both evenings.

NRayH

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ray in NH said:

Jagoffee,

I was happy to hear that you received the same type of info, about booking an additional nights to link with the comped night offered by ACL.  We are doing the same thing in September this year, only in St. Louis, before our Ohio  River Cruise.  Both the hotel and ACL have assured us that we will be in the same room for both evenings.

NRayH

I will come back and let you know how it worked for us.