Stateroom Concern - Pinnacle Class

vlynn

We will be cruising on the Rotterdam for 21 days in January 2023. Super excited but a little worried about our room location. We are in 4113, should we be concerned about elevator noise? Has anyone stayed in a similar stateroom? 30CB70E1-490F-4829-B3B9-F2278A7FBDC4.thumb.jpeg.038a171a485fb141d80b8509e4020620.jpeg

Different cruise line, older ship.  I had a cabin that backed up against an elevator and I did hear some "humming" all through the night when it was being used.  I've avoided booking cabins against elevator banks since then.  And, I imagine how light/heavy a sleeper you are.

A bit off topic but I was in one of those sideways inside cabins, like 4121, on the K.  We loved it.  The bathroom is off to the side and not in the entryway like the other cabins.  This was handy for room service and a little extra privacy .  The rooms are small but we found they were comfortable for our needs especially since we were in ports most days.  

PS the only noise we had was the creaking and we finally discovered it was the TV.  We simply wedged a washcloth against the offending corner and had total silence

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

I could not find info for that stateroom.  I do see that unlike staterooms NEAR the elevator separated by a hall, this stateroom appears to share a common wall.  I have read in other posts that the elevators are quite insulated, but it's the people more likely than the elevator that you will hear.