Carnival Elation (while on my Adventure of the Seas cruise)

bstel

Trying again since it appears the moderators don’t actually read a post before moving it. 

Currently on the Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. Sitting in the most beautiful and scenic port in the Caribbean, Freeport. Haha. But then this little old lady sailed in behind us for some maintenance. 

F40BE8A5-0025-4BD5-AED6-5A001524FD06.jpeg

FB4CF880-29DA-4490-9E40-C9D095252429.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 2:42 PM, linbobky said:

we will be on the elation for a b2b in november.  2 5 day cruises. it will be our 24th and 25th cruise on carnival. Milestone that is. we are ready to cruise.

We will be on the Nov 18th sailing for my birthday, so looking forward to it. 

On 6/24/2021 at 6:20 PM, groundloop said:

Elation was the last ship I was on before cruising got shut down.  Enjoyed her as much or more than the larger ships we've been on.

Why did you enjoy her so much? We will be on her in November, and while I seem to prefer the smaller ships since they actually seem to have larger common areas, they don't have as much to do, which I am fine with. I understand she was upgraded this past year, do you know if thats true. 

33 minutes ago, cingroomer said:

I understand she was upgraded this past year, do you know if thats true. 

Elation underwent the final tweaks of FunShip 2.0 in late 2019 (IIRC), getting an Alchemy Bar (replacing Gatsby's Great Bar) and a few other things, IIRC.  No structural changes AFAIK.  It still may not have everything a larger ship can offer just based on size alone, but I think it now has all the bases covered.

Go check out the deck plans to see if there is anything missing that you like on other, larger, ships.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 11:06 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Elation underwent the final tweaks of FunShip 2.0 in late 2019 (IIRC), getting an Alchemy Bar (replacing Gatsby's Great Bar) and a few other things, IIRC.  No structural changes AFAIK.  It still may not have everything a larger ship can offer just based on size alone, but I think it now has all the bases covered.

Go check out the deck plans to see if there is anything missing that you like on other, larger, ships.

Yes, a couple things. The Dive in Movies, I love, and an adult only pool. I'll survive though. LOL