Has HAL announced whether or not Covid testing will be offered

roboref

We are wanting to book the Eurodam 14 day cruise August 15 out of Athens. We disembark on August 29 and fly home August 30. On HAL website it states they will have tests aboard and that all Covid related matters are included free of charge. Does that mean we can request testing 72 hours prior to flying home to meet the CDC requirement of a negative Covid test prior to entering the US? I am unwilling to take the risk that I will have to test in Athens Sunday after disembarkation and have a test result by 8 AM the next morning to be allowed on the plane to fly home.

When we were in Mexico in April the resort scheduled and administered the testing onsite 72 hours prior so we had the result the day before flying home. 

Can anyone confirm how HAL is going to handle this?

Thanks

I talked to HAL PCC this week and he assured me HAL would provide a Covid test if I were flying home same day of disembarkation. Just no official communication from HAL.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, roboref said:

I talked to HAL PCC this week and he assured me HAL would provide a Covid test if I were flying home same day of disembarkation. Just no official communication from HAL.

It would probably be best to get that in writing.

• Like 1

Also the type of testing is important. For re-entry to Canada, and to avoid quarantine, one currently needs a valid molecular (not rapid antigen) test -- irrespective of one's vaccination status.    Scott. 

Source:  https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada#getting-tested

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, rochelle_s said:

Come July 5 there will be some exemptions for fully vaccinated folks meeting certain criteria. Fingers crossed things will get easier for us.

Rochelle

Do you have more information on this? Sounds like good news!

The changes I am referring to @rochelle_s /  @syesmar  are post-July 05th.   Exception to quarantine and day 8 testing requires proof of fully vaxxed (Pfizer / Moderna / OAZ / JJ-Janssen only) at least 14 days before arrival AND a negative molecular test no greater than 72 hours before arrival to Canada.  Source: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada    Scott.  

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 2

Just too many unknowns. The US will accept the rapid antigen test, but we have already vaccinated. Just to many what-ifs to consider. So we backed out and are now going on Carnival Panorama August 21 out of LAX. Saves all the hassles of foreign travel.