AirMiles Credit booking thru Oceania or Vacations to Go?

luvtravel

I'm considering a cruise on Oceania and their airfare cost is just about what I'd pay if booking myself. So, I'm thinking that if there was a delay, etc., by booking through either Oceania or VTG, they would arrange to get us to the cruise even if it left port, etc. Interestingly, the cost of the cruise is exactly the same whether I book through Vacations to Go (less than other online travel sites) or through Oceania itself. I thought the online sites would have been less expensive. I was wondering if anyone knows if:

..one can request certain airlines/routes when booking through Oceania.

..would we be able to get airline credit for the miles on these flights, even though we pay VTG company or Oceania for the cost.

Thanks for any help with this!

We took advantage of Oceania's air offer and requested an air deviation. It costs $50 per person and you can pick out the flights you want. You just pay the difference in cost between the "base" flight and the one you choose. We picked flying to Barcelona on Luftansa from Miami and home from Lisbon on British Air. It cost an extra $100 per ticket, in addition to the deviation fee. We will get frequent flyer points for these flights.

Archived