Norddeutscher Lloyd And Hapag And Hapag Lloyd

norboy76

16 hours ago, norboy76 said:

Just curious to what you though? Soldier or Crew Member?

On a cruise ship, such stats are routinely provided during a cruise.  On a troop ship, its doubtful that such information would be available to the soldiers.  I vote that the data was written by a crew member.  That conclusion then leads me to ask:  why would a crew member do so?  The post card was not mailed to anyone.  Unless, of course, it was mailed in an envelope.  

6 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

On a cruise ship, such stats are routinely provided during a cruise.  On a troop ship, its doubtful that such information would be available to the soldiers.  I vote that the data was written by a crew member.  That conclusion then leads me to ask:  why would a crew member do so?  The post card was not mailed to anyone.  Unless, of course, it was mailed in an envelope.  

Could the crew member have also written it down and kept it just as a memento for when he was on the ship? No stamp or anything, so maybe he wrote it down and kept it as a souvenir of that voyage? Also I wonder if just regular crew or one of the officers on board? Maybe bridge crew or another officer on board? Intriguing postcard isn't it? soo many questions.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, norboy76 said:

Intriguing postcard isn't it? soo many questions.

Yes, it is.  That's the way with other memorabilia that I have found or been given.  How did this or that find its way off the ship and to wherever it found a home?  

6 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Yes, it is.  That's the way with other memorabilia that I have found or been given.  How did this or that find its way off the ship and to wherever it found a home?  

Not sure who it originally belonged too, but it's nice to have interesting info on the back and now it's safe with me in an album protected

• Like 1