Cheers refund for a no show?

jamie717

6 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Cheers is per person, not per cabin. The requirement is that every person in the cabin over 21 have it.

They should refund it.

Well they won’t, so there’s that!

Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.  This applies even if your stateroom-mate doesn’t drink.  Both must purchase it.

it is also NON-REFUNDABLE.

I hear reading is fundamental in life lol! Good luck 

Edited by Shakatime
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Shakatime said:

Well they won’t, so there’s that!

Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.  This applies even if your stateroom-mate doesn’t drink.  Both must purchase it.

it is also NON-REFUNDABLE.

I hear reading is fundamental in life lol! Good luck 

It is still not per cabin and it can be canceled for a full refund up until the night before the cruise. 

15 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Cheers is per person, not per cabin. The requirement is that every person in the cabin over 21 have it.

They should refund it.

As a solo cruiser who sometimes has a friend cruise, there is no way they wouldn't credit the no show. Just like they would only charge me for one in my cabin. Yes, I have gotten cheers as a solo and NOT had to pay for 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sillyjilly said:

Yes, I have gotten cheers as a solo and NOT had to pay for 2.

Me too.  To save the hassle though, I would cancel the Cheers before the cruise if there's time, and then get it on the ship.  No show things tend to go to OBC, and it can be a little tricky to get OBC back if it isn't all used up.

Edited by naxer

So I have had the situation happen and yes, they did refund the second person.  They also refunded the second person port taxes and pre-paid gratuities.  It was automatic and I did not have to even go to guest services.  Once the second person did not check in by sail away, every thing was refunded.  You are of course out the cruise fare, but sometimes that is cheaper than cancelling the second person prior to the cruise and having them re-price the cabin as a solo.  

4 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

It is still not per cabin and it can be canceled for a full refund up until the night before the cruise. 

The issue is you can't cancel just one of the pax in the cabin the night before - you have to cancel both.  So the OP would be forced to cancel and purchase once on board.

2 hours ago, EllaDuChien said:

So I have had the situation happen and yes, they did refund the second person.  They also refunded the second person port taxes and pre-paid gratuities.  It was automatic and I did not have to even go to guest services.  Once the second person did not check in by sail away, every thing was refunded. 

That is good to know, and makes sense.  I didn't necessarily expect that result (refunding Cheers), I will admit.  I did know they refund port fees, taxes, etc.

12 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The issue is you can't cancel just one of the pax in the cabin the night before - you have to cancel both.  So the OP would be forced to cancel and purchase once on board.

Yes, but at least the option is there if they wanted to play it safe.