Cruise Cancelation or Charter Clues?

audobon_tx

5 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Pretty sure it’s cruise fare only. The taxes and fees will be refunded.

That was our experience also, 125% of the cruise fare only, with ports and fees repaid separately.

I think we have to give Azamara credit for cancelling these cruises so early, before many people have arranged tours and air travel.   I was going to book my air and some internal flights very soon; I’m very glad I decided to wait, as it would have been one more thing to deal with.  

Some other cruise lines have been cancelling cruises only after final payment, and then dragging their feet  refunding the cruise fare.  Some people I know waited over 8 months and only got a refund when they initiated a chargeback on their credit card.  

I think Azamara is doing the right thing - some places in the world are just too iffy to take a chance in the next few months.   I’m sad to be missing out on Antarctica but there will be other opportunities.  

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, BrendaJ said:

I think we have to give Azamara credit for cancelling these cruises so early, before many people have arranged tours and air travel.   I was going to book my air and some internal flights very soon; I’m very glad I decided to wait, as it would have been one more thing to deal with.  

Some other cruise lines have been cancelling cruises only after final payment, and then dragging their feet  refunding the cruise fare.  Some people I know waited over 8 months and only got a refund when they initiated a chargeback on their credit card.  

I think Azamara is doing the right thing - some places in the world are just too iffy to take a chance in the next few months.   I’m sad to be missing out on Antarctica but there will be other opportunities.  

I am very glad you, and those with cruises further out, have gotten early notice that the cruise won't sail.  But  in terms of when final payment is due, these cancellations are really a mixed bag.  The September and October cancellations (of which I had one) were already past final payment.  Two weeks ago I cancelled as I couldn't see investing more money into something that seemed unlikely to sail so I am stuck with another FCC I probably won't be able to use.  I've seen some postings that some others were able to get extensions on final payment dates which worked well for them.  I tried and couldn't get the extension.  So for me, I wish Azamara had been a bit more realistic in the last few weeks.

• Like 1

AZAMARA EXTENDS GLOBAL CRUISING SUSPENSION

As the world continues to confront the many challenges resulting from COVID-19, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. While we do see cruising is slowly starting up again, there is still uncertainty surrounding the resumption of cruise operations globally.

We’ve made the difficult decision to replace many sailings between September 2021 – May 2022 due to the ongoing complexities of cruise operations in Latin America and Australia. In addition, the conditions in certain parts of the Middle East and Western Africa are not conducive to cruise operations leaving us no choice but to cancel Azamara Pursuit voyages until January 2022. We’re truly sorry for this inconvenience and are grateful for you and your clients patience through this pandemic.

We’re excited to resume sailing again starting with Azamara Quest in Greece as planned starting August 28th, 2021. Shortly after Azamara Quest completes her Mediterranean season, she will head to the Caribbean as scheduled for her three back-to-back Caribbean sailings, followed by a new selection of 2022 Caribbean sailings. The Azamara Journey will begin her Mediterranean season on October 13, 2021, as expected and will remain there through the Winter with a new selection of sailings to the Canary Islands, Greece and more. We are still finalizing these new itineraries, but we expect them to be available for sale in the coming weeks.

We’re counting down the days until we resume sailing this summer and remain optimistic that with each day that passes, we’re another day closer to less uncertainty and more explorations. Through our Explore Well at Sea program, we have developed advanced screening protocols, more rigorous sanitation measures, and innovative medical services — to ensure a care-free Azamara experience.

The below sailings have been cancelled:

SHIP NAME DEPARTURE DATE ITINERARYDESCRIPTION
Journey 02-Nov-21 16-Night AncientCivilzations Voyage
Journey 18-Nov-21 19-Night India, Sri Lanka & Myanmar
Journey 07-Dec-21 12-Night Bali & Western Australia Voyage
Journey 19-Dec-21 16-Night Australia Intensive Voyage
Journey 04-Jan-22 16-Night Australia/New Zealand Voyage
Journey 20-Jan-22 16-Night New Zealand Intensive Voyage
Journey 05-Feb-22 17-Night New Zealand & Australia Golf
Journey 22-Feb-22 17-Night Australia Intensive Voyage
Journey 11-Mar-22 16-Night Vietnam, Hong Kong & Japan Voyage
Journey 27-Mar-22 15-Night Japan Intensive Voyage
Journey 11-Apr-22 15-Night Japan Intensive Voyage
Journey 26-Apr-22 17-Night Asia Intensive Voyage
Journey 13-May-22 23-Night Spice Route Voyage
Pursuit 28-Sept-21 11-Night Greece Intensive Voyage
Pursuit 16-Oct-21 11-Night Aegean Pursuit Voyage
Pursuit 27-Oct-21 10-Night Israel Intensive Voyage
Pursuit 30-Nov-21 21-Night Western Africa Voyage
Pursuit 21-Dec-21 13-Night South Africa Intensive Voyage
Quest 23-Jan-22 10-Night Peru & Chile Voyage
Quest 02-Feb-22 21-Night Fjords & Antarctica Voyage
Quest 23-Feb-22 22-Night Carnival in Rio Voyage

17 hours ago, BrendaJ said:

Azamara took our final payment for our October cruise and then cancelled it the next day, so now we will have to wait eons to get our refund.  Last time it took over 2 months.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, travelinjudy said:

Azamara took our final payment for our October cruise and then cancelled it the next day, so now we will have to wait eons to get our refund.  Last time it took over 2 months.

Azamara was part of rccl then.  Times have changed and I bet you’ll get your refund much quicker 

• Like 1