partial transit starting and ending in Colon

reeinaz

So I had to look at a map to see exactly where Colon was in relation to Gatun Lake. My March 2022 NCL cruise leaves from Colon, the next day it does the partial through Gatun Lake, and arrives in Costa Rica the following day. I was thinking that no excursions were currently listed for Gatun Lake due to COVID precaution. But as I've read this thread and the descriptions of the partial transits, I'm now thinking there just aren't any excursions planned at all because there is no passenger pick-up scheduled in Colon? 

2 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I'm now thinking there just aren't any excursions planned at all because there is no passenger pick-up scheduled in Colon?

That's what it seems to me as well even though NCL's description of Panama Canal/Gatun Lake portion of the cruise indicates that there will be shore excursions once the ship reaches Gatun Lake.  Since they have not indicated that the ship would stop in Colon after the partial transit, I think it would be impractical for the ship to wait at anchor in Gatun Lake while passengers are on shore excursions.  Perhaps they will offer some excursions either pre or post cruise?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 1:21 PM, BillB48 said:

That's what it seems to me as well even though NCL's description of Panama Canal/Gatun Lake portion of the cruise indicates that there will be shore excursions once the ship reaches Gatun Lake.  Since they have not indicated that the ship would stop in Colon after the partial transit, I think it would be impractical for the ship to wait at anchor in Gatun Lake while passengers are on shore excursions.  Perhaps they will offer some excursions either pre or post cruise?

We did this cruise that went to Gatun Lake. Ended up doing the Panama Canal cruise excursion.  It was amazing! 

We got to Colon late, and really did not have much to offer from the pier.