Anyone have any Adventure/Nassau flight problems?

I’m sailing Adventure out of Nassau on 8/7. Nervous about it because I have to fly in the day of due to work, not to mention the flights the day before weren’t direct and were twice as much! (originally was scheduled for a 8/8 oasis sailing, switched to 8/7 adventure so I could cruise this year!).

Have any of you flew in the day of for these Nassau sailings? Any problems? I’m flying out of PHL nonstop to Nassau (9:05-12:12), booked with Air2Sea, but I’m well aware that their guarantee doesn’t mean the day the cruise leaves necessarily.

WE flew in the day of the cruise last week, on Jet Blue, from FLL. and baggage claim was a zoo. WE arrived at 500 PM, and the thing that really helped with collecting luggage was that we had the Royal baggage tags which helped locate our bags. There was a royal person just outside the terminal who collected our bags and they were sent to the ship.  We had transfers,  so we were taken to the hotel where we did the check-in, and then to the ship.

But, at the end of the cruise, when we got to the airport, Jet Blue had huge lines waiting to check-in.  I am sure all of those people were not cruise ship passengers.  AS it was, our trip back home was on Bahamasair,  so I don't have any experience how that went.  But we were the last off the ship since we had a 430 flight, so I obviously don't know what it would have been like arriving earlier.  You do clear US customs at the airport, and they do have Global Entry kiosks, if that helps.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Thanks 1

We booked Bahamas Air thru Air2Sea for our August cruise, scheduled to arrive at 3PM day of sailing. Our flight back home leaves at 11am so I'm guessing we'll be among last on/first off, which is total opposite of our typical cruises. 🙃  We also purchased the transfers, so hoping that will smooth the process. How was your experience w/ Bahamas Air? 

We’re also on the Aug 7th cruise and flying in the day of, but we arrive a couple of hours after you. Whenever I get nervous about it I remember that I once, as a very inexperienced cruiser who didn’t know any better, flew from the U.S. to Barcelona (with a connection in Frankfurt!) the day of a Med cruise and it was fine. We’re also booked through air2sea and I’m hoping if something prevented us from arriving on time, they could get us to Freeport the next day. 

1 hour ago, jdg623 said:

We booked Bahamas Air thru Air2Sea for our August cruise, scheduled to arrive at 3PM day of sailing. Our flight back home leaves at 11am so I'm guessing we'll be among last on/first off, which is total opposite of our typical cruises. 🙃  We also purchased the transfers, so hoping that will smooth the process. How was your experience w/ Bahamas Air? 

Worked well.    I would use them again in a heartbeat. Jet Blue was leaving for many US destinations. Bahamas air had nobody there, we got checked in right away.  We were leaving for Florida. I heard them announcing for other FL airports.

They charged for baggage, so when we got to FLL, I don't think there were any other bags on the airplane. 

We are also on the August 7 cruise but flying in the day before.  Even happier that we decided on staying at Atlantis for three nights after the cruise.  Hoping the midweek flight will make for a less crowded airport.

3 minutes ago, CTSandy said:

We are also on the August 7 cruise but flying in the day before.  Even happier that we decided on staying at Atlantis for three nights after the cruise.  Hoping the midweek flight will make for a less crowded airport.

I would hope so.  Week end was crazy.