Iona standard balcony cabin

RoseGab123

3 minutes ago, RoseGab123 said:

Hi. We've been allocated a GB grade cabin. I know this is a balcony cabin but does anyone know if this is a good or not do good grade cabin?

The G signifies the cabin has a sofa, the B is the 2nd highest category of standard balcony, so should be a good location.

I’m not sure if G definitely does signify a sofa on Iona?

In the brochure it states “standard with sofa” for Britannia but doesn’t for Iona. 
1st pic is Britannia in the brochure, 2nd is Iona. GB is the 2nd best standard cabin though so it should be a good one.

1AB43DA2-D108-49F2-9AF1-FE4CDA3B91DF.jpeg

4C7565B0-6979-4D6F-9232-1C0A8AE61834.jpeg

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, RoseGab123 said:

Thankyou

Just to add, looking at the deck plans, the GB grade cabins are either mid-forward or mid-aft on decks 10, 11, 12 & 14 and midship on decks 9 & 15.

I’m very jealous, I’m not cruising until next May. 

18 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Just to add, looking at the deck plans, the GB grade cabins are either mid-forward or mid-aft on decks 10, 11, 12 & 14 and midship on decks 9 & 15.

I’m very jealous, I’m not cruising until next May. 

I think there are also some GB grade on Deck 5 which seem to the Metal Balcony on the lower deck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jmcd1969 said:

I think there are also some GB grade on Deck 5 which seem to the Metal Balcony on the lower deck.

I can see the cabins but they are not marked as steel fronted, the balconies do look to be smaller than the higher deck cabins though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I can see the cabins but they are not marked as steel fronted, the balconies do look to be smaller than the higher deck cabins though.

I had a look at them when i was in Southampton. They are partially glass fronted but look to be similar to the ones on Cunard lower decks. I can't believe they are the same price as some on the higher decks! I'll attach the photo

BFF4FA5E-6C68-4233-A200-3A85504696FE.jpeg

Edited by Guest
Photo

5 hours ago, Glitterati said:

I had a look at them when i was in Southampton. They are partially glass fronted but look to be similar to the ones on Cunard lower decks. I can't believe they are the same price as some on the higher decks! I'll attach the photo

BFF4FA5E-6C68-4233-A200-3A85504696FE.jpeg

They look to be similar to the balcony cabins on decks A and C on Aurora, and I agree I would not be a happy bunny if allocated one of those. However it could be that these might be the ones allocated as the quarantine cabins, if needed, in which case if you have booked an inside cabin, these would be a good upgrade.

On 7/6/2021 at 2:54 PM, terrierjohn said:

They look to be similar to the balcony cabins on decks A and C on Aurora, and I agree I would not be a happy bunny if allocated one of those. However it could be that these might be the ones allocated as the quarantine cabins, if needed, in which case if you have booked an inside cabin, these would be a good upgrade.

Nope, not quarantine cabins.  We have just been allocated one on deck 5 for the maiden.  Fingers crossed for an upgrade.