PCR Test Question

It is Monday morning, we sail this coming Saturday, July 10th on Adventure of the Seas.  We had our PCR tests this morning.  I am starting to have anxiety that we did them too early. 

The guidelines just say 5 days in advance.  Well, we are 5 calendar days in advance, but had the testing at 10:00 this morning.  By the time we board the ship it will be past 10 am.  Does anyone know if we goofed????  Should we get another test tomorrow to be on the safe side.  I haven't read much about how picky there on the testing.  THANKS!!!

Edited by BOAZ5

Is this for Adventure? Monday was good on our sailing. Make sure your name and date of test are on the paper your print out. I almost didn't bring the second page of mine because it was just a couple of lines of boilerplate about the test. Turned out that was the only part that had the date on it and I hadn't noticed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Is this for Adventure? Monday was good on our sailing. Make sure your name and date of test are on the paper your print out. I almost didn't bring the second page of mine because it was just a couple of lines of boilerplate about the test. Turned out that was the only part that had the date on it and I hadn't noticed. 

Jasukkie, Yes, this is for Adventure.  Thank you.  My husband told me I was making too much out of it, but it stressed me. 

You will be fine. It is a lot of ducks to get in a row but once you are finally onboard it will all be worth it. I actually printed out my whole cruise contract but not my setsail pass because I was so focused on the Bahamas health visa and my PCR test. I was very happy with the way they did the staggered check-in at the hotel. You may have to wait awhile for your time, but once it comes it's all easy breezy.

11 hours ago, BOAZ5 said:

Jasukkie, Yes, this is for Adventure.  Thank you.  My husband told me I was making too much out of it, but it stressed me. 

Nope, you're good to go. Make sure to have your Bahamas Health Visa printed out (the airline and Bahamas immigrations will want to see that). And answer your health questions on the RCCL App on Friday. 

RCCL check-in at the Hilton only need to see your passport and your vaccination card. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BOAZ5 said:

It is Monday morning, we sail this coming Saturday, July 10th on Adventure of the Seas.  We had our PCR tests this morning.  I am starting to have anxiety that we did them too early. 

The guidelines just say 5 days in advance.  Well, we are 5 calendar days in advance, but had the testing at 10:00 this morning.  By the time we board the ship it will be past 10 am.  Does anyone know if we goofed????  Should we get another test tomorrow to be on the safe side.  I haven't read much about how picky there on the testing.  THANKS!!!

I called Royal we sail the week after you. Monday is good.

Has anyone taken the test more than 5 days prior to the cruise because you were spending a couple nights in the Bahamas prior to the cruise?

I'm still skeptical of RC's rule that it has to be 5 days before arriving in the Bahamas even if that means it's 6+ days before the cruise

55 minutes ago, regg1216 said:

I called Royal we sail the week after you. Monday is good.

Thank You!!  I actually talked to a RC agent on the way to the test.  She is the one that had me so concerned about it.  She suggested getting another one on Tuesday to be safe.  My husband was not thrilled with that suggestion, so that is when I turned to the wonderful people of Cruise Critic.  I am glad you were able to talk to someone who confirmed Monday was okay.  We assumed it would be fine. 

3 minutes ago, BOAZ5 said:

Thank You!!  I actually talked to a RC agent on the way to the test.  She is the one that had me so concerned about it.  She suggested getting another one on Tuesday to be safe.  My husband was not thrilled with that suggestion, so that is when I turned to the wonderful people of Cruise Critic.  I am glad you were able to talk to someone who confirmed Monday was okay.  We assumed it would be fine. 

Monday is considered day zero. "See" you on Saturday!

23 hours ago, BOAZ5 said:

I'd be more concerned about # of cycles ran 🤣🤣🤣

Have a great trip!!!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 10:39 AM, BOAZ5 said:

...The guidelines just say 5 days in advance.  Well, we are 5 calendar days in advance, but had the testing at 10:00 this morning.  By the time we board the ship it will be past 10 am....

A lot of places eliminated the “hours” language in favor of days for this very reason, to eliminate the stress of exact times.