Do you still get suite extras?

Malcolm142

We are booked on Iona in October (G136)

It will be the first time we are indulging in a suite.

Does anybody know if you still get the full list of extras for suites.

1. Priority checkin

2. Welcome reception

3. Daily canapes

4. Full dinner menu available in cabin

5. Room service at no extra charge

6. Butler to unpack bags and make dinner reservations

7. Champagne and chocolates on arrival.

Have any of these disappeared under the cover of so called  safety coronavirus protocols?

Thanks

I think so but I have a feeling the welcome reception isn’t happening: I think we got an email about that for our Britannia cruise at the end of the month.

Ah and those laughable yet still pitiful canapés: should be a suite perk NOT to get them! I think they are for people who think mini Cheddars smeared with Primula are fancy! (although I like that combo!)

Edited by Camberley

15 minutes ago, Malcolm142 said:

We are booked on Iona in October (G136)

It will be the first time we are indulging in a suite.

Does anybody know if you still get the full list of extras for suites.

1. Priority checkin

2. Welcome reception

3. Daily canapes

4. Full dinner menu available in cabin

5. Room service at no extra charge

6. Butler to unpack bags and make dinner reservations

7. Champagne and chocolates on arrival.

Have any of these disappeared under the cover of so called  safety coronavirus protocols?

Thanks

We have a suite booked for Britannia in 2 weeks time, first time in a suite for us, but can definitely confirm priority check-in as we have 12:00 check-in.  However there is no food/drink available in the departure area whilst waiting to board, which I understand was the case prior to Covid.

Elsewhere I have, on unmentionable places, seen for certain 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7. 

Not sure about 6.

Also, suite guests have apparently still been getting evening turndown and chocolate on pillow whereas other cabins have not.

I can update on my return, I feel we got lucky in being allocated one of the centre aft suites on B deck.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Camberley said:

I think so but I have a feeling the welcome reception isn’t happening: I think we got an email about that for our cruise at the end of the month.

Its the departure lounge drink and nibbles that are not happening.  Have seen photos of the menu from the on-board welcome reception and can't wait to get stuck in.  All served to the table, no buffet.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Its the departure lounge drink and nibbles that are not happening.  Have seen photos of the menu from the on-board welcome reception and can't wait to get stuck in.  All served to the table, no buffet.

Ah, with all the emails from them and all that chopping and changing, it could well be anything going on or not going on 🤣 

But if we have the onboard reception, then really wonderful. Roll on the 25th!

Edited by Camberley

We were on Britannia for the 1st July sailing our first suite as well, we had priority boarding, daily canapes or though nothing special, dinner menu in cabin after the 1st night, room service was free had a full breakfast (absolutely fabulous) and late night snack, didn't ask the butler to unpack or make dinner reservations, chocolates & champagne were in cabin on arrival. The suite lunch was great had turn down service every day (some have reported they did not get a turn down service) we have a suite on the Regal Princess next month so shall be comparing the two products.  

• Thanks 2

On 7/7/2021 at 7:03 PM, Malcolm142 said:

theborders

Thanks for the info.

What time was check in to enable you to get the 'suite lunch'?

Our check in was 11:30 we arrived around 11:00 waited till 11:30ish the porters took your luggage after checking what check in time you had, if it was after 11:30 they sent to you the back to deposit your luggage at another line. Then the process of checking in started checked vaccine dates and insurnace then covid test, health questionnaire even though done on line had to go through it again then wait for covid results. Then get passport checked and wait in the suite waiting area ready to board. got on board around 1pm went to the lunch around 2pm not many people in the dining room when we arrived was lovely and quiet. had a great lunch. there is a menu that was posted on the staycation thread. We loved our suite  and have a suite booked on the Regal Princess next month so will be comparing the two products.