coral princess 10 day panama

antsp

I also have been on this cruise. I also do not know what you want to know but it is a partial transit through the first set of locks which are the Gatun Locks. Then you can either stay on the ship or pick excursions. You will then be tendered off to whereever your excursions start at. The Coral Princess is a great ship. In fact it is my favorite. I will be going again on her for the full transit in May. Just let us know if there is anything else you want to know.

Marilyn

Lucky You! The Coral Is a lovely ship, and in 2004 we did the Panama Canal trip. Hope you booked a balcony, because there is a lot to see as you transit the Canal, and it's so nice to do it from your balcony.

We had the good fortune to book the Princess excursion called Ocean-to-Ocean. We passed thru the Canal aboard the Coral from the Caribbean into Gatun Lake. Once there we tendered off and were taken by bus to board a smaller ship that took us thru the rest of the Canal and thru the western locks into the Pacific. We then sailed out around Panama City and docked at Balboa. From there we were bused across Panama to rejoin the Coral at the dock in Cristobal. This is an all day excursion, and very much worth the time and cost. As you can probably tell from my enthusastic description, we would highly recommend this excursion. There were also excursions by train and by bus, but this one turned out to be the best. We did not hear good reviews from those who took the other options.

I was on the Coral last month. I absolutely loved the ship.

It takes almost two hours to transit through the Gatun Locks (3) into the lake. Once there you drop anchor and the tenders take the folks ashore who booked shore excursions.

After that's done we turned around and headed back to the Gatun Locks to transit back out.

We were having lunch in the dining room and they had us seated at the tables by the windows and we watched the ship going down and the windows would go dark as you sank into the lock and the lock walls were right outside the windows.

We then tied up at the terminal at Cristobal where you could go ashore into the terminal to shop at the vendors' stalls.

Archived