“California night” Chefs table

gailellen12

1 hour ago, gailellen12 said:

Does anyone have an idea about what food might be served on the California theme night at Chefs table?  I am not sure what food would be representative of California. 🤔Thanks in advance

Check post #17 on this topic:

Chef's Table Menus - La Route Des Indes and Xiang - Viking Ocean - Cruise Critic Community

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are red wine drinkers, and the California menu comes with all white wine pairings, which is unusual in my experience.  We had all of the white tastings, but asked for a glass of the red of the day, which was a Cabernet, at the end of the meal for a take-away glass.  Then we went to pack 😞

The wine helped. LOL

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 1:23 PM, Triptkr said:

California night was our favorite!  The halibut was amazing!!   

At least in Iceland you could get Halibut.  In Bermuda they substituted Chilean Sea Bass, but at least it was outstanding!

As for wines, our experience is that you could pretty much ask for what wines you wanted.  We like both white and red, so no issue here, but friends have told the waiter they wanted just all whites, or just all reds, and of course, Viking accommodated them!  So no issues if for some reason you don't like either reds or whites.  Most of the menus have a mixture of both, but the California one was definitely white-biased.  All good though!   Here is our sea bass. 

IMG_1922.thumb.JPG.ad6c1e5df54bef7bad404588eb14a1c5.JPG

On 7/22/2021 at 6:13 PM, minka34 said:

We are red wine drinkers, and the California menu comes with all white wine pairings, which is unusual in my experience.

When the paired wine was one I didn’t prefer, I would ask for an alternative and was always accommodated with a smile.

Just FYI,

TOM 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 4:07 PM, CCWineLover said:

At least in Iceland you could get Halibut.  In Bermuda they substituted Chilean Sea Bass, but at least it was outstanding!

As for wines, our experience is that you could pretty much ask for what wines you wanted.  We like both white and red, so no issue here, but friends have told the waiter they wanted just all whites, or just all reds, and of course, Viking accommodated them!  So no issues if for some reason you don't like either reds or whites.  Most of the menus have a mixture of both, but the California one was definitely white-biased.  All good though!   Here is our sea bass. 

IMG_1922.thumb.JPG.ad6c1e5df54bef7bad404588eb14a1c5.JPG

There's about a .002% chance that that is really sea bass.

• Like 1