Cancelled Cruise Credit

bohaiboy

I think I read somewhere that if a cruise is cancelled by SS and you rebook another cruise you will get credit for the nights of the cancelled cruise also.  Now I can't find that verbiage.  Can anyone confirm this is correct and if so when do the credits hit the Venetian Society?

I guess it depends on your travel agent. I used 2 different ones and one has loaded me up with the due days and the other hasn’t. The latter one I am dumping because I have to keep prodding her to make a move!

43 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

My 14 day cruise last July was cancelled. I did not receive any credit.

Did you transfer your canceled voyage to make a new trip and/or use your fcc?

That might  make a difference.  

4 hours ago, bohaiboy said:

…when do the credits hit the Venetian Society?

Our days were posted after the cancelled voyage would have sailed.  In our case, it was around 120-days after SS cancelled the voyage.

LesB has accrued several days after many cancelled voyages, so hopefully he’ll chime in here too.

• Haha 1

We got the days for the first cancelled and rebooked cruise using FCC.  We did not get the days for the 2nd cancelled and rebooked cruise using FCC.  I think that you can only get the days once or that is what I was told.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Our days were posted after the cancelled voyage would have sailed.  In our case, it was around 120-days after SS cancelled the voyage.

LesB has accrued several days after many cancelled voyages, so hopefully he’ll chime in here too.

42 days to be precise! lol 😆

The first 2 cancellations, the days just appeared a week after the cruise was cancelled and new booking made. The third, I had to chase GS to get it done and the credit has been entered in an entirely different way to the first once. The first showed as "Cancelled sailing" and the details of the cruise that was cancelled. The last was a "VS adjustment" and dated with the sail date for the new cruise in May 22. Most odd.

I hope when my Panama booking in Jan gets cancelled (third time for this booking in all so far!), it doesn't get removed! It shouldn't - but will keep my eye on it. I don't want free laundry removed before Ive even sampled it! lol

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, caradara said:

We got the days for the first cancelled and rebooked cruise using FCC.  We did not get the days for the 2nd cancelled and rebooked cruise using FCC.  I think that you can only get the days once or that is what I was told.

If you mean, you got a credit in your VS account and that your re-booking was cancelled also but no further credit days, that would be correct and was stated in the agreement it was a one off per booking. If you meant you had 2 bookings (not connected) that were cancelled and subsequently rebooked, then you are entitled to get the original number of days to both cruises added to you VS account. I had three as per above.

Edited by les37b

We are booked on the Moon from HKG-SIN over Xmas/NY, looking at the entry restrictions for both countries at the moment I’m assuming that particular cruise may be cancelled. If they offer an alternative route on the Moon and we proceed then will be granted the VS days for the cancelled section and the alternative route?

Our cruise was cancelled in June and we took a FCC and immediately booked another cruise, however we did not get VS credit for the days of the cancelled cruise.  This was our first Silversea cruise and we assumed you only get credit if you have sailed before with Silversea and are officially a VS member.  Does anyone know if this is correct?

2 hours ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

This was our first Silversea cruise and we assumed you only get credit if you have sailed before with Silversea and are officially a VS member.  Does anyone know if this is correct?

You are correct.  One must have been an existing Venetian Society member to accrue the VS Days benefit for the cancelled voyage.

2 hours ago, Doolz said:

We are booked on the Moon from HKG-SIN over Xmas/NY, looking at the entry restrictions for both countries at the moment I’m assuming that particular cruise may be cancelled. If they offer an alternative route on the Moon and we proceed then will be granted the VS days for the cancelled section and the alternative route?

Based on the scenario you describe, no, you will not be granted additional VS Days  because technically it would not be a voyage cancellation, but rather an itinerary change. 

Edited by Stumblefoot
  • Thanks 1

We are members of the Venetian Society based on the cancellation of our first Silversea cruise. Our second cruise has also been cancelled and I wonder if we will get credited with those days as well. We have yet to set foot on a Silversea ship.

2 hours ago, tiggertom said:

We are members of the Venetian Society based on the cancellation of our first Silversea cruise. Our second cruise has also been cancelled and I wonder if we will get credited with those days as well. We have yet to set foot on a Silversea ship.

Does your Venetian Society Member's Statement in the My Silversea portal show a credit for the number of days of your first cruise that Silversea cancelled?  If so, I will follow up with our Silversea rep to inquire.  I just assumed you only became a VS member once you successfully completed your first voyage with Silversea.

8 minutes ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

Does your Venetian Society Member's Statement in the My Silversea portal show a credit for the number of days of your first cruise that Silversea cancelled?  If so, I will follow up with our Silversea rep to inquire.  I just assumed you only became a VS member once you successfully completed your first voyage with Silversea.

Yes, it shows 13 days for the cruise cancelled by Silversea.

We had a cruise canceled last December. We wanted to get a refund and rebook, rather than take a FCC, so we would still have the option to get cash back this year if we canceled (which isn't an option once you've converted cash into a FCC). Even though ours was technically a refund and rebooking -- though it was done instantly by SS and we never actually received cash back -- our travel agent said she got in writing from SS that we would receive the VS days for our canceled cruise. But not until we took our rebooked cruise this December. So I fully expect to have to do some prodding in January to get our extra VS days credited!

On 7/14/2021 at 6:35 AM, les37b said:

42 days to be precise! lol 😆

Hi Les, I'll do you one better: my cancellations resulted in 65 accrued VS days 🥰 

I kept optimistically re-booking voyages, both solo and with my mother, some of which were B2Bs. As each re-booking got cancelled, falling like dominos across my calendar, the credited VS days added up. I did need to follow up with good record-keeping to ensure they were counted properly. As with you, some of them appear on my statement with odd labels (like a currently re-booked cruise in 2022), which I think was a work-around in their system. The numbers are correct, though.

When I finally do get to sail again (hopefully in January!), I'll sure enjoy that laundry service. 🍾

Edited by Unibok
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Unibok said:

Hi Les, I'll do you one better: my cancellations resulted in 65 accrued VS days 🥰 

I kept optimistically re-booking voyages, both solo and with my mother, some of which were B2Bs. As each re-booking got cancelled, falling like dominos across my calendar, the credited VS days added up. I did need to follow up with good record-keeping to ensure they were counted properly. As with you, some of them appear on my statement with odd labels (like a currently re-booked cruise in 2022), which I think was a work-around in their system. The numbers are correct, though.

When I finally do get to sail again (hopefully in January!), I'll sure enjoy that laundry service. 🍾

That’s interesting, we have booked our third trip but have received nothing for the second cancellation yet.

I spoke to a Silversea rep last night. Apparently they credited the Venetian days only during a certain time period last year. I don’t remember the months because my cruise didn’t qualify. I’d suggest calling if concerned about this. They were very helpful and spent much time researching