Mixed vaccines no longer approved

mathgirl314

19 hours ago, saskacruiser said:

I’m Canadian, and received 1st AZ and 2nd Phizer. I don’t feel like I’ve been duped or am hard done by making that decision. I’m not going to scramble or worry. Rather, I feel like if I can’t cruise because of this ridiculous new rule, their loss. We have Hawaii booked, but we have a finite amount of vacation dollars and are more than willing to cancel and spend that $$ on some other vacation, and no doubt we’ll keep it in our own country. 

Just wanted to reply with a huge BRAVO.

I received a Pfizer and a Moderna to prevent my catching this terrible virus and to prevent spreading it to anyone else.  It was a life saving decision.  I didn't receive it to travel on a cruise ship.  I didn't receive it to travel at all.

The vaccines have been a gigantic step forward for us all.  The travel industry and all it partners will work out all the details in due time.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I imagine you are past your final payment date - will you incur any penalty?  I know when HAL cancelled a cruise for us, we even got back our insurance premium, but it was because they cancelled us, not the other way around.  But I suppose in this instance they are actually canceling you because of their rule about not mixing vaccines.

We cancelled on the eve of the final payment - thankfully, however or cruise advisor said that it would not have made a difference they would have refunded it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tjones21 said:

We cancelled on the eve of the final payment - thankfully, however or cruise advisor said that it would not have made a difference they would have refunded it.

That is good to know.

• 2 weeks later...

A slight change in the policy now.

those departing out of the U.S. are ok with 2 MRNA vaccines or J & J.

those departing outside of the U.S. are considered fully vaccinated with mixed vaccines - AZ and MRNA vaccine.  Good news for Canadians in part 🙂 

From the HAL FAQ’s page:

2300EF51-DD9E-4CF0-B476-54A8B6F87884.thumb.png.7d40830bc70ce7f294ffa7fe0f973645.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kazu said:

those departing outside of the U.S. are considered fully vaccinated with mixed vaccines - AZ and MRNA vaccine.  Good news for Canadians in part 🙂 

From the HAL FAQ’s page:

2300EF51-DD9E-4CF0-B476-54A8B6F87884.thumb.png.7d40830bc70ce7f294ffa7fe0f973645.png

19 hours ago, kazu said:

From the HAL FAQ’s page:

Was just logging in to share this news.  Sorry we cancelled our cruise before they updated their policy, however, we have booked a 31 night cruise from Agentina to Fort Lauderdale in March so something else to look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/07/health/lambda-coronavirus-variant-wellness-explainer/index.html

Here is an interesting article about mixed vaccines.  

«  … Nathaniel Landau of the New York University Grossman School of Medicine and colleagues said their tests of blood taken from vaccinated volunteers shows that at least some of the newly emerging variants may evade the protection offered by a single dose of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. A boost of a second dose of J&J vaccine, or even with Moderna’s or Pfizer’s, might help, the researchers reported. »

So maybe our government’s was not necessarily wrong in advising us as Canadians to mixe Astra Zeneca with either Pfizer or Moderna.

• Like 4