Windstar now allows independent travel at French Polynesia ports

doug52

French Polynesia has now joined Greece allowing independent excursions at the various ports, see below from their Website:

Exceptions where guests are allowed ashore to explore on their own: Greece and French Polynesia/Tahiti.

Now, can start looking into private excursions for our upcoming trip in October. Just hope this doesn't change back.

Doug

• Like 1

That’s great news. We are on Star Breeze in September. We are flying to Papaetee the day before, arriving at about 10pm. With all the news stories about flight cancellations, I’m wondering if Air Tahiti Nui is pretty good on not cancelling. If it’s questionable, should I arrive a day earlier than planned. Thanks for any help. 

We are arriving two nights before our cruise and taking the ferry over to Moorea to stay.  Its not a bad idea to get in early.  Not sure about ATN's history, we took it once before and it was fine.

• 1 month later...

Nope, not any more. Just spoke with Windstar, and now we MUST be booked on an excursion to leave the ship. Once again, we are forced to do Windstar’s excursions and are prohibited from doing anything on our own. It’s good for their profit margins, I guess, but is a dealbreaker for many of us.