Transport in Port Canaveral

lovermonkey

I was hoping someone could give me a few tips on transportation in Florida.  We are planning on coming in a little early to goto Disney and head to Cocoa Beach / Kennedy Space center before going on our cruise.  We are considering going to Disney after the cruise.  Trying to decide if a rental is best or doing a combo of things. What do you think?

7 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Go back to the airport on the morning of the cruise and take the Carnival shutter. It should start about 9am. 

I would be closer to the port by then.  We would actually be in Port Carnival by then.

A bit of side advice, the way Disney pricing works is better for consecutive days instead of some up front and some a week later. Disney no longer will have free transportation, so that is something to consider. They also charge something like $25/day to park at the resort. Those are some things to consider. Another thing to consider as above is taking Carnival's shuttle. They have stated that people will not get in the terminal until their boarding time window. It use to be a free for all once you got there, but they state they will not let you in the terminal now. We have to see how that goes for the time being.

1 hour ago, lovermonkey said:

I was hoping someone could give me a few tips on transportation in Florida.  We are planning on coming in a little early to goto Disney and head to Cocoa Beach / Kennedy Space center before going on our cruise.  We are considering going to Disney after the cruise.  Trying to decide if a rental is best or doing a combo of things. What do you think?

We typically reserve a car at the airport (Hertz) and drive to Cape Canaveral to spend the night at Homewood Suites or Country Inn and Suites.  We drop the car off at the Hertz in Cape Canaveral (which is right beside these two hotels) the morning of the cruise and take the hotel shuttle or Uber to the port.  Cost wise, it is usually just slightly more than taking the Carnival shuttle from the airport to PC.  On the return trip to the airport we use Cortrans shuttle service with great service and price.

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We typically reserve a car at the airport (Hertz) and drive to Cape Canaveral to spend the night at Homewood Suites or Country Inn and Suites.  We drop the car off at the Hertz in Cape Canaveral (which is right beside these two hotels) the morning of the cruise and take the hotel shuttle or Uber to the port.  Cost wise, it is usually just slightly more than taking the Carnival shuttle from the airport to PC.  On the return trip to the airport we use Cortrans shuttle service with great service and price.

You have to check the different car rental agencies, so of them have closed there locations close to the cruise port.

When I was looking at car rentals, only Avis and Budget came up for the Port Canaveral area. Less choice also means more $$$ to rent. For the 7/31 Mardi Gras sailing, the MCO-PC rental was $166 and the PC-MCO rental was $130. Full size car with toll option for a day rental for each. 

3 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

Hertz in Cape Canaveral is closed and I heard it was not reopening but not sure how accurate that is.

Bummer.  I could certainly see that since most of the ones that use it were probably cruisers.  Maybe it will reopen once cruising is back in full.

2 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

When I was looking at car rentals, only Avis and Budget came up for the Port Canaveral area. Less choice also means more $$$ to rent. For the 7/31 Mardi Gras sailing, the MCO-PC rental was $166 and the PC-MCO rental was $130. Full size car with toll option for a day rental for each. 

Yes, it has went up.  We never paid over $100.

6 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I like that idea. But we might have to go back to the Hertz and get another car for a day or so to head to Disney.  That is probably my best best. Thank you!!!