Princess Expected to be Operating Eight Ships by the End of 2021

According to an announcement today  by Carnival Corporation they expect to be operating 75% of their fleet by the end of 2021. They further broke it down by brand and expect eight Princess ships to be operating this year.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25510-carnival-corporation-to-operate-75-of-fleet-by-end-of-2021.html

I’m assuming it will be the following Princess ships (which looks ominous for my December Island Princess cruise):

Majestic

Regal

Sky

Enchanted

Caribbean

Grand

Crown

Ruby

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, waltd said:

Doesn't look good for our December cruise to Antarctica  on the Diamond.    

Well, reading the actual article doesn't list Princess' specific ships, just what ports they'll sail out of. Los Angeles is included in the list. Be positive!

46 minutes ago, susancruzs said:

List is missing the Royal, a newer ship 

The only itinerary list for Royal in 2021 is R/T from Sydney to New Zealand. Australia seems unlikely to open up before mid 2022 - but I suppose they could do Oz to NZ with restricted passengers.

9 hours ago, susancruzs said:

Your list doesn't have the Discovery (new)

2 hours ago, susancruzs said:

I didn't realize Discovery will be delayed.

---

I guess we have no idea when Discovery Princess will actually be ready, but for the time being Princess is still listing its inaugural Los Angeles round-trip sailing as March 1, 2022. 

See attached Princess.com screenshot.
NOTE:  I asked for the following listing of all Discovery Princess sailings by Date, but for some reason Princess did not list these sailings by Date.

• image.thumb.png.35414a33ba0b939dc8b19db31ee9b764.png

---

You didn’t include the Regal, and we are scheduled to be on her for a Med cruise in May 2022.  Regal is doing all the Med cruises in 2022 since Enchanted is  in the Baltic and Sky is doing the British Isles.  I can’t imagine they wouldn’t keep their newest Royal class ships over the older Caribbean, Crown and Ruby.

10 hours ago, HRPro said:

You didn’t include the Regal, and we are scheduled to be on her for a Med cruise in May 2022. 

Not to worry.  See the title of the thread:  Princess Expected to be Operating Eight Ships by the End of 2021.

Hopefully all ships will be sailing in 2022!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1